"Fuck," I curse, stepping back a bit.

Seeing him in my place of work is an entirely different level of surreal. He's like a ghost, gliding into the room, drawing all attention to him. It's clear he doesn't fit in with anyone around him, and just the sight of him has rendered the single customer speechless.

"He's hot. Look at those tattoo's..." Emma says excitedly as I drag her back a bit.

"Stay away from him. Don't even look at him," I mumble lowly, watching him approach. The last thing I need is for my real life to start mixing with the one that still doesn't quite feel real.

She pouts. "Why not?"

"He's not someone you want to know."

He sits down on the bench, raising his brows at me expectantly. What is he doing here? If Carran knows, more problems will arise, and I'm already struggling with the ones I have as it is.

"Are you kidding? If you want him all to yourself, just say it," she teases, biting down on her lower lip.

I pull her further away, hopefully out of his earshot. "It's not that, alright...He just looks dangerous."

Even Emma can't deny that. It's not just his appearance, but the look in his eyes that he carries everywhere. Each time I look at him I reminded of the hidden power that scared enough people to get him buried.

"Exactly. That's hot," she whispers.

"I was wondering if I could get some service," he calls out, waving a gloved hand at us. I fight not to roll my eyes, trying not to make it obvious there's already an established connection between him and I.

I really don't need Emma asking anymore questions.

She pulls herself from my grip, painting on the most flawless smile as she sweeps over to him, leaning against the countertop.

How she manages to get as close to attractive customers as possible without making it creepy or inappropriate is a talent I wish I shared with her.

"Absolutely. What would you like sir?"

"Whatever you recommend," he responds, dragging his gaze from her to me. I keep back a few steps, glaring at him with my arms folded over my chest.

He agreed I would come to work today...I figured it was implied that I wouldn't be seeing.

"Tell me, what does a guy like you do for fun?" She asks, her voice having dropped to a deep, seductive tone.

Even though this is strange to see, I don't blame her for flirting with him. He is attractive, and he has come in here, obviously hasn't come in here to order anything.

"I seduce beautiful women," he murmurs in response, wearing a sly, suggestive smile.

He's looking at me as he talks, although Emma doesn't seem to notice, too enamoured but the tattoos that are just visible around his neckline. I bet she is wondering how much further down they go.

"I bet you're good at it."

"Well, I thought I was, but there is someone I want who doesn't want me back. Do you have any advice?" Sire asks her, cocking his head to the side, gazing at her while he enjoys his own personal joke.

Emma blinks, taken aback.

"Oh...ah, you could try being honest with her."

"That isn't a problem. She just doesn't want to be with me," he exasperates, leaning back in his seat. I grit my teeth. I wish we were busy in here, so I could ignore him, but our single customer is finishing up and it doesn't seem like anyone else will be coming in here.