THE LOOK

Valentina pushed off of him quickly, she rubbed her eyes trying to convince herself it was a dream. How could she ever let herself sleep with him like that? Klaude groaned, "what're you doing?" He rubbed his hand over his hand as he sat up. "Why are you still in my bed and why are you shirtless?" Valentina questioned.

"Well, your room is hot so I did what I had to do. And also, I was going to leave but I was just too lazy. I didn't expect to fall asleep. Also you were the one that was on me," Klaude explained.

"Well I wouldn't have laid on you if you didn't stay in my room," Valentina responded back. She looked at the clock, 6:00 AM. Klaude also noticed this, he stood up and started to rummage through Valentina's closet.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"Getting clothes, I can't go like this," Klaude replied.

Valentina walked up and brushed him off as she started looking for things for him to wear. Eventually she came across an oversized black sweater. She tossed it to him. "Here," She said. Klaude nodded and immediately put it on. For the sweater being so big it still looked tight on him. Klaude grabbed it firmly and tugged on it. "Hey don't tear it!" Valentina exclaimed as she swatted his hands away from the sweater. She began to start messing with the sweater, she could feel Klaude's eyes on her but she didn't care. This was one of favorite sweaters and she wasn't going to lose it because of this. Klaude smiled and said, "I didn't know you were a tailor princess." Valentina looked up for a moment, shook her head and continued to fiddle with the sweater. Once she got it just right, she remembered, "Shit, you'll need a coat. Hold on." Valentina left for her parent's room to go find a suitable jacket and pants for Klaude. Klaude looked around Valentina's room as he waited. He noticed the water bottle she had forgotten was on her bedside and so was the pencil he had given back to her. He smiled faintly at this then turned his attention to the posters on the wall. He crossed his arms as he realized that most of these guys looked similar to him. "Am I her type?" He thought. He quickly shook off these thoughts and wondered why he was even thinking about that in the first place. Soon after Valentina came in with a large blue jacket and jeans. She handed them to Klaude. Klaude thanked her and immediately started to take off his pants.

"WHAT THE FUCK!?" Valentina exclaimed.

"Just turn around," Klaude laughed.

Valentina felt her cheeks turning a bright red, she followed Klaude's orders and faced the door as he changed. She could feel her heartbeat faster and her stomach start to swell. Why was she feeling this way?

"You can turn around," Klaude said.

Valentina turned around to see Klaude in his new outfit. Why did he make the outfit look so good?

"What do you think?" He asked her.

"It looks...ok-" Valentina responded shyly.

"Just ok!?" Klaude responded with an over-the-top expression. He continued, "It's ok Valentina, I know you like it."

Valentina's eyes widened slightly before she said, "Shut the fuck up."

Klaude laughed as he made his way to her bathroom.

"Why do you just keep going into places without permission?" Valentina asked while following him.

"Well I'd assume it'd be fine, unless you're hiding something of course." Klaude said while looking back at her smirking.

Valentina stopped and glared at him for a moment before proclaiming, "I have nothing to hide!" The two entered the bathroom and looked into the mirror.

"Damn, I never noticed how short you are," Klaude pointed out.

Valentina looked up at him, then back at the mirror. All she could do was sigh before she handed him a new toothbrush. "I always keep extras," She said.

"Of course you do," Klaude responded while putting the toothpaste on his toothbrush.

"Hey! What's that supposed to mean!?" Valentina asked, almost as if she was interrogating Klaude. Klaude simply stuck the toothbrush in his mouth and shrugged. Valentina huffed before saying, "You're so annoying."

Klaude chuckled while brushing his teeth, "You know you love me,"

Valentina looked at their reflections in the mirror for a moment, she then harshly shook her head, denying everything he had just said. Klaude laughed, "Don't try to deny it Princess!" Valentina choked on her toothpaste hearing this, she spat it out and rinsed her toothbrush while saying, "I don't love you. It's more like a contract for you to make amends to me." Klaude's smile faded as he looked down at her, "And once I do? What will you do with me then?" Valentina looked up for a second, not knowing how to respond to this. RING, RING, her alarm had saved her again. She quickly ran to go turn it off. "We should get going," Valentina suggests. Klaude nodded silently as he went out the window and she went out the door. Her bus had arrived right on time. She stepped on board and looked over to see that Klaude was stepping into his car. The atmosphere had changed once he had asked her that question. What would she do with him once they made amends? As much as she wanted to say that they'd just stay friends she couldn't. Something deep inside Valentina wanted them to be more than just friends. As much as she tried to ignore this it only grew stronger as they were together more. Valentina knew a guy like Klaude would never have any interest in a girl like her. So why would he give her that long look that felt like it would never end, or try his hardest to make her feel safe, why would he stay with her even when he knew they had school tomorrow, she texted Klaude, trying to ignore all these thoughts. Hey, to answer your question about what I would do with you once we made amends, I think that I wouldn't ever let you go. So...There's your answer. Valentina looked at this message for a moment, she then took a deep breath and hit the send button. She waited a few moments, before she saw a notification pop up. Of course you wouldn't, I'm irresistible! Valentina scoffed at this, she simply decided to send back a thumbs down emoji.

​​───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

Life had continued like it was before for Valentina and Klaude. After that night, it seemed as if Valentina and Klaude's relationship was even better than before. They knew it, and so did everyone else around them.

"Are they dating?" One asked.

"I don't know, I've heard a few rumors-" Another one answered.

"Just look at how they look at each other! No way they aren't." Someone added.

Klaude was aware of these rumors, but Valentina wasn't. So when everyone looked at her for a few more seconds than usual, she wondered what was going on.

"Klaude, why are they looking at us?" She whispered to him.

Klaude looked down at her and smiled, "I don't know. Don't mind them, they're fucking weirdos."Valentina laughed at this and decided not to pay attention to her onlookers. While making their way to art class, Valentina rambled on about various things in her life, as hard as Klaude tried to focus in on what Valentina was saying, the only thing he could truly focus on was her lips. Why was he acting like this all of the sudden? He knew he hadn't felt this way before. He tried to push away these thoughts but the more he tried to push them away, the more prevalent they became. Lost in thought he didn't see the person who was coming in straight for Valentina. BOOM. The two collided and as Valentina fell back the stranger fell on top of her.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry- wait- VALENTINA???"

______________

Authors Note: Tell me if you spot the Faye Webster reference.