chap.6 No Use Lying

Disclaimer: If you are reading this on any other site than Wattpad or archiveofourown, it has been stolen. Please check out Neverlandsshadow on Wattpad or N3verlandsShadow on archiveofourown instead.
*********************************************************************

Luka talked about everything between heaven and earth as Léa tried to keep her breathing even. "I heard you're new to Paris. Made any friends yet?"

Léa huffed. "Sure. My cousin and Marinette, haven't had the time for more, I've barely been here for two weeks." And didn't that just make everything feel so much worse.

He winced in sympathy. "I hope there has been good things too."

"I guess. I get to see Marc more often. I don't have any siblings, and we have few cousins, so it can get kinda lonely." She tensed up as her shoulder throbbed. "You know, I never realized how terrefying akumas are. I heard about them from Marc all the time, but it just never..." She made a pitiful attempt to adjust her arm. "It never sunk in."

Luka understood. Akumas were something that you didn't truly believe unless you saw them yourself. "Let's make this day a little better, you've made your third friend."

"That's nice." Léa smiled. "I like making friends."

That didn't surprise him. Léa struck him as a social butterfly, and from what little he'd seen, she was well liked.

"Hey, wait, wasn't David with me? When we were talking to the doll?" She frowned, expression doing nothing to hide that she was torn on if her memory was correct.

Luka nodded. "Yeah, he was. He stayed to help Ladybug."

Léa's frown froze, then her expression turned into a mixture of annoyed and angry, then she started laughing. "Oh man, Ms. Mendeleiev and Marinette is going to be pissed."

************************************************************************

Ladybug hated involving civilians in a fight. It went againt her very being, but now it couldn't be helped. The doll was already sitting down right outside the doll shop that David had rushed into. He soon left, holding up two dolls so the akuma could see them.

She wondered why Hawkmoth hadn't interfered yet, he normally refused to let akumas stray from the path of anger.

Maybe the boy doesn't understand French very well? He is American.

The spotted hero knew that the sooner she saw the doll, the better. Chat hadn't shown up again, something she considered good. They needed to have one hell of a talk about just jumping in before taking stock of the situation.

The akuma leaned forward, carefully taking one doll with its fingers, the other opening to reveal a doll the same size as David. Ladybug watched, waiting for the chance to destroy the doll, when David started to- dance? Why was he dancing?

For a second she's left baffled, watching the giant akuma slowly move it's head, mirroring David who was making it look like the tiny doll was also dancing. Her eyes were drawn to one thing, the akumas hand was opening slowly but surely and the akumatized object was slowly starting to fall.

Ladybug readied her yo-yo, and when the doll fell she smashed it straight into it. Catching the butterfly went fast and soon she was left with a screaming, scared toddler in her arms.

The father of the toddler and police stood ready to assist her, the boy's father running full speed towards Ladybug. The only thing stopping him from falling on his face being David quickly grabbing him. "Trevor!"

She handed him over, happy to let the police take care of the rest. First, however, she tossed her yo-yo up in the sky, her weapon sending out the wave meant to restore everything.

"Are you okay?" Ladybug noticed the ashen look on David.

"First akuma." He took a deep breath. "Is it normal for them to be children?"

"Children and teenagers have a harder time reigning in their emotions, so yes. It's normal for kids to be targeted." She replied, not seeing a reason to lie. It wouldn't do him any good. "You should go back to your school, I'm sure your friends are looking for you."

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)