Haizaki Ryohei - Inamori Asuto

Checking my bag, I look at my list once more to make sure I didn't leave anything. Being a professional soccer player is busy work. I have to travel around the country and even internationally to play the official matches.

As I get out, I see Akane going down. She looks at me and smile. I nod.

"Haizaki, good morning. Are you going now? Have you got everything?" I walk to her carrying all my things. She continues to walk and I follow her. "Yes, yes. I've got everything." I noticed that she was in casual clothes. "Are you somewhere? It's saturday, don't you think you'd be better off resting?"

"It's fine. I'm off to my group mate's house. We have a school activity to do."

Akane temporarily stopped school when she was in the hospital, so when Ares was taken down, she was able to go back.

"Hmm. Stay safe then. Do you want me to take you to your group mate's house?"

"No. It's the opposite direction your going. Besides, it's just near."

"Okay then."

I continue to my car and put my things behind the car and got in. Akane was walking away and she met a girl that she started talking with while walking.

I start my car to head for the teams dorm. It's just near my house so I just go back to my house.

"Hey, Haizaki."

I turn around and see Captain Mikazumiya. After college he started to play for a company and I followed suit. Together, we grew our soccer much more. But now, we play for different teams.

Walking towards the changing room we continue chatting, while walking we bump into Kidou. "Hey you two."

"Kidou, it's been a long time."

After high school, Kidou stopped playing soccer to attend business school. I continued to play soccer for scholarship. We went on different universities and even lost contact. But met again when I landed a contract for a team sponsored by Kidou's company.

"Well, it's nice seeing you. But I have go. Business, business. You know how it is." He said as he walked away and waved a little.

We arrived at the changing room and started changing to uniforms. Today, we have a practice match with Thunders team.

Asuto is there. We didn't get to play with their team during the last season so it's been nearly two years since I played with him.

He never stops growing as a soccer player. Everytime we play, he always has something new in store. Surprises are something normal when you play with him.

Asuto also went to another college and got a scholarship through soccer so we played as enemies when we were in college.

Nosaka, Nishikage and Ichihoshi went to America during college if I'm right. They got a scholarship from Orion to study abroad. The scholarship was also through soccer so they played soccer during college too.

Those three are rich. They even have businesses despite being busy because of the hectic schedule of matches. They even landed a contract to play for the biggest corporation in Japan.

It's been a long time. Our adventures during high school were short compared to adulthood.

The amount of freedom each of us gained enabled us to learn more as humans and upgrade our soccer.

Today, I'm excited for the practice match. I'm gonna win against Asuto for sure. I want to win.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tackling the ball from the ground, I steal the ball from Mizukamiya and I run towards the goal.

Mizukamiya and I used to play together at Seishou High. I transferred during finals at Raimon but got to play with him again when I returned to Seishou.

It was fun playing alongside Mizukamiya so now, it feels a little weird to be playing against him.

But it doesn't mean I will lose. I will still win because I am the Devil Of The Field and I reign victorious in all of my battles. Including this one.

I ran past the defenders passing the ball to the other members to make a breakthrough for the goal.

If there is one thing I learned from playing soccer for many years, its that, there is no "solo" player in a team sport. Everyone has to work together.

As I near the goal Asuto stands in front of me. I let out a faint smirk. "Ohh, what's this? Little Mr. Sunshine blocking the devil? I don't back down easily." I say as I try to get pass him.

"I don't lose light easily too. Haizaki, I won't lose against you." He says as he tries to steal the ball. When he almost stole it, I passed it to one of my teammates and I got past Asuto.

The ball was then passed to another teammate that was on the right side of the goal where he managed to score.

[1-0]

We start again but this time, Mizukamiya was fast enough to steal ball and swivel through defense. He uses a hissatsu that our goalie couldn't stop.

[1-1]

The ball is kicked again and our team went on offense again but were quickly intercepted by the other team. Asuto got the ball and uses Sunrise Blitz and tries to steal a goal but my teammate Yoshika intercepted the ball by kicking it away from the goal. Ultimately, Asuto wasn't able to score but my teammate immediately got the ball and went back to offense. This time, I won't let them stop me.

We get to the middle of the field where we started using a hissatsu.

Yoshika raises his hand. "Hissatsu Tactics; Demon March."

Yoshika then takes the ball from me and gets on a chariot while me and four other members are on horses in front of the chariot. While the rest of the members are running side by side of the chariot.

We make a fast breakthrough of the other teams defense and as we near the goal post, Yoshiya kicks the ball towards the skies. We jump together towards the ball.

"Shark The Deep; Dark Scar!"

We say as we kick the ball towards the goal. Their goalie tries to block it but it has too much energy that Asuto helped him push the ball back but it was too powerful and they both fall to the ground as the ball continues to fly to the goal.

Loud cheers from the crowd erupt. "That is the second goal for Haizaki's team! They are on fire today folks! That was an incredibly beautiful play!" The commentator shouts through the mic as we score.

The whistle blew to signal the end of the first half. I look at Asuto as I walk towards my team's bench. He also looks towards me and does a thumbs up. I smile and also give a thumbs up.

Playing with Asuto has always been fun.