I wasn't exactly proud of what happened. Ten years ago I wouldn't have cared. Ten years ago I wasn't worried about Lex finding out and leaving me.

I hadn't exactly been an honorable guy when I was younger. There had been a lot of women, multiple women, women who had been spoken for, even one who had been mated. There had been even more fights.

That was what made me nervous. I knew the mated couple was still in this pack. I had been outlawed in their territory and had no excuse to come back. But this was an order from the head alpha. I had no choice. They had no choice. They were just going to have to deal.

I knew by the end of this Lex was probably going to figure out what happened here. She was often too curious for her own good.

But I sure as hell wasn't going to just admit what happened. There was the slight chance that she wouldn't have to know what happened.

Lexi's point of view

As Mason drove us up to the pack house I knew this pack was going to be very different than my pack. There were hardly dressed women all over the place.

I glanced at Mason and saw the smirk. It was obvious that he wasn't going to object to the women walking around here.

I punched his arm. "Wipe that smile off your face."

When he parked the car he leaned over and kissed me. "There's no reason to get jealous. They're all whores here."

I looked over the girls again. "And why are there whores here?"

He sighed. "The packs around here aren't as protective of the pack house as you're used to. Plus," he jerked his chin towards an open garage, "these guys were all into motorcycles before they were changed and it never wore off. These girls think that these guys are real hard asses because they ride around on bikes."

"So these poor girls think this is a motorcycle gang or something?"

He nodded his head. "Not everyone can be as smart as you are." He opened the door to the car. "Motorcycle gangs have a reputation of harboring violent tendencies; it's a good front to have for a pack of wolves."

 I scoffed. "It's a good front for new wolves and teenage boys… you know, the ones who can't control their tempers."

He winked at me before stepping out. "I'll keep you safe."

I stuck my tongue out at him.

Our presence was already noticed. Around these strangers I wasn't so certain about my decision to postpone the mating bond with Mason. I wanted them all to know that I was taken. Even more so, I wanted those girls who were eyeing Mason like he was a freaking gourmet buffet to know that he was taken.

They would be easy enough to intimidate. I didn't have to worry about these women really hurting me. I wouldn't be surprised if all they knew how to do was claw, scratch and pull hair.

Pack groupies was a new thing for me. Shouldn't these women know that these guys were just looking for a quick lay? I'd bet that not even a quarter of these women were going to end up in serious relationships.

When we walked into the house my senses were attacked by a foul smell so bad that I covered my nose. How could werewolves even stand to live in a place that smelled so horrible?

Mason tightened his grip on my hand, but made no moves to display whether or not the smell bothered him. It had to. His sense of smell was infinitely better than mine.

I wouldn't be able to stay here for long with it smelling like this. I needed this place cleaned up and not smelling if I was going to be staying here. All those women outside were good for was spreading their legs open, apparently.