Chapter 01

"Look here! Come take a look at our store's product! We have something for everyone!" It was a busy Saturday at the market. "Oh come take a look at this, Young Lady! This trinket will suit you a lot."

Uk and Hwayoung were strolling around the market, just looking around the stalls, searching for something they could buy. According to Uk, it's their weekly bonding.

Ever since they met in the countryside village, when Uk was training under his 10th, they became really close with each other. Hwayoung currently lives alone, with only one maid accompanying her, so Uk visits her occasionally at her residence and takes her outside.

"Hwayoung-ah, what would you do without me, really?" Uk teases. "Good thing I'm here to go on a stroll with you! You might end up drying out if you always stay inside your house!" Well, it's not as if she wanted to stay indoors. It's because she doesn't have a choice.

"It's too much of a hassle. Also, I'm too tired to go outside anyways so why bother." I also can't risk getting assassinated in case someone recognizes me. She thought. But Uk doesn't have to know that. No, he definitely doesn't need to.

Uk, who's now confused on what she's said, asked "Why would you be tired when you don't even do anything the whole week?"

Well, that's because she trains daily inside the walls of Shinchowon. Though she currently lives in her private residence, she still goes home everyday for her training. But, she always makes sure to make time for Uk and their 'weekly bonding'. Uk doesn't need to know about this too. No, he must not know about this side of her.

There's a commotion happening all of a sudden. A middle-aged lady, who was shivering in fear, was running towards their direction of the word. Due to the woman's panic, she accidentally bumped into Hwayoung.

"Excuse me, lady. You should watch where you're running off to!" Uk told the woman.

Hwayoung, who was curious about what had happened and why there's suddenly a commotion happening, helped the lady to stand up.

This way, she could definitely see what had happened. Through her hands that touched the woman's skin, she will be able to vision what the commotion was about.

It's a soul shifter. Looks like there's a soul shifter running around the capital right now and causing the people to run for their lives in terror. As soon as the woman stood up, she immediately started running away from them.

"What the hell was that?" A now quite annoyed Uk said. "There's a soul shifter" Hwayoung said seriously.

"What?! A soul shifter?! Yo, how are you so chill right now? We should get going now!"

They saw Danggu, who was walking alongside Park Jin with Songrim mages following them. They're probably on their way to capture the said soul shifter causing havoc at the capital.

Shit, this is not good. Hwayoung thought. She can't be seen by anyone related to the other prestigious clan. Especially Songrim.