"You sure took your time."
"Yeah... sorry."

At least for right now, I have them.

"You know, you don't look shabby," Leah spoke beside you as you got turned around in the chair, your reflection staring back at you. You released a breath of air as your eyes scaled up your face and onto your short hair.

Turning your head to the side, you analyze the curls that came about one inch off your head. For the first time in forever, your curls were defined and shiny, and it looked like you took care of your mental health as your baby hairs slicked back perfectly into the rest of your hair.

"Oh wow." Your hand came up, fingers touching the soft coils. It wasn't roughy and tangled like the ends of your hair were, it was soft, tangle free. "No split ends..." your lips twitched up into a smile as you released the rest of the breath you held in.

You held up the $50 bucks in your middle and pointer finger, which the female barber was glad to take. "Thanks for this." You took a glance at the woman, her eye's already on yours. She gave you a smile, it was warm, she meant it, before taking the cape off and shaking down the hair.

Giving yourself one last look in the mirror you stood up and faced the older woman with crossed arms. "Feel better?" Leah asked, keen eyes telling you felt a lift off your shoulder as you rubbed the back of your neck. "Yeah actually."

The both of you stepped in the truck and closed the door in sync. Yet you didn't make a move to start the engine. "Have you ever... imprinted before?" The silence in the car was loud. Even the traffic happening around them was muted. Nothing but a slight white pitch noise surrounds the two of you. You couldn't even hear your heartbeats.

Looking at the shifter, she was staring straight ahead, but that didn't stop her from fidgeting with her hands. "If I was, I wouldn't be stuck loving a man who won't or can't love me back."  She cracked a smile, not because it was amusing, but because she wish it was a possibility.

"You don't think he loves you?" You asked, confused as to why she would think that. Everyone could feel the guilt Sam felt when they were in pack, the love he still felt for Leah was there. "It's all guilt," she shakes her head, somehow knowing what you were thinking. The imprint took away the man she loved, she knew she could never get that back as his head and heart belonged to someone else.

"I hate feeling pitied on, and that's all he's giving me.." "Leah I'm sure he still loves you." He had to. You felt it, everyone did.

"He doesn't pity you for being alone. He pities the fact that he hurt you, for breaking your heart....And, Trust me I know. I'm... still very in love with someone who I truly don't know anymore. So far what I've gathered from this imprint thing is... even though we're bonded... unfortunately mated for life... my heart still beats for someone else.. and it hurts."

This time it was Leah's turn to take pity on you. Without fully looking at you, her brown eyes give you a side glare. You felt it, but you ignored it as you stuffed the keys in the car. "Our situation is also different... you get to try to heal, your ex isn't always in your face."

She didn't spit venom when she talked. Her voice was softer, weaker. You didn't try to disagree with her. You knew it was true, and you felt yourself feeling worse. You should be grateful of this.

"Wanna go eat some Waffle House?" You changed the subject, eyes shifting back to the wolf girl who slouched back in her chair. With a lazy grin, she nodded.

"Good, I don't wanna go home yet."

"Me neither."

The relationship between you and the older woman was becoming stronger. The only thing about her you wish you could change was that damn attitude, but you understood why you received it, everyone did.