#11

No! I thought. He can't go kiss my friend then say it's not what happened then come and kiss me. I pushed him away and with him went the sparks. I wanted to pull him back so he was closer, but resisted. ¨You can't honestly think you can do that. I can't believe you would use me like that. I'm leaving and you're not going to stop me.¨ I said stomping my foot for effect. I grab the rest of my clothes and took my duffel bag and pushed past him. I went to the kitchen table and grabbed the files I had stolen to solve this mystery. I stuffed them in my bag and headed out the door.

¨Wait! Lindsay stop, please. You can't honestly think I'm using you. I didn't kiss her, she kissed me. Please listen.¨ He begged.

¨Good luck with your parents' case. I hope you solve it.¨ I said with sadness on my face. He genuinely looked hurt, like he had been stabbed. Tears filled my eyes as I walked away, I let out a sob. Then, he appeared at my side and I let out a little whimper.

 You know you're going to regret leaving him right? He said in my mind.

¨Yeah, well some things happen for a reason. Maybe I was meant to find you on my own. I have gone through so much, can't you just leave me alone?¨ I knew Dimitri was still watching, so I kept my voice down. He knew exactly who I was talking to. I started to walk away when he spoke again.

 If you leave you will regret it and I'll make sure you do. He threatened. I just kept walking, then I felt a sharp pain in my side. I looked down and saw that I had been stabbed. He was holding a knife. You should have listened to me. I heard Dimitri scream my name as I fell to the ground. My head hit hard cement and I felt strong arms wrap around me. Dimitri got his phone and dialed 911. He held me until the ambulance arrived and they put me in the stretcher. We had a few stand by's watch as I was put in the ambulance. I saw Lizzie come out with a puzzled look, then she saw it was me. A horrified look came over her face and she came by my side and asked the ambulance if she could ride with me. The paramedic looked at me and I shook my head and a look of hurt came over her. Yeah well you hurt me to, I thought.

Dimitri asked if he could ride and once again I shook my head. I didn't want either of them near me. As they put me in the ambulance I felt myself falling into a black abyss, I heard constant beeping from the heart monitor and it was not a healthy beep. My heart rate was going down dramatically and the paramedics were going crazy. I kept hearing someone say, ¨hold on baby, we'll make it there soon. Don't quit on us now. Come on help me get her stabilized.¨

I fell into a black abyss hearing screaming all around me. I knew I was unconscious and I heard doors opening and closing. I heard bustling all around and doctors telling people to prep for immediate surgery and stuff like that. I was unconscious and didn't know what to do. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't wake up. Maybe this is a sign. I have nothing else to live for, why would I want to wake up? I thought. That's when something weird happened. I was standing over my own body. Am I dead? I was answered when I heard the heart monitor flat line. Doctors were doing CPR and the shocks to get me back, but I didn't go back. I stayed standing over my own body.

My body lays there, lifeless and cold. I looked at myself and I looked at the scars that marked my body. I kept an eye on my body while they did the shock on my chest. I watched as my body jumped with the shock, and I felt something pull me to my body and I don't know why. I felt the pull every time they shocked me or gave me oxygen. I don't know what the pull was, but I kept resisting it. They finally called time and I watched as they covered my body with a white sheet. I heard a sob come from the doorway, I turned around and saw Lizzie and Dimitri. She fell into his chest sobbing, and he had tears cascading his face as well. ¨I can't believe she's gone. And she went thinking I betrayed her.¨ She came over to my lifeless form and started talking. ¨Lindsay if you're still in here somewhere, know that I am so sorry. I never meant to hurt you. I wish I could take it back. It was all my fault, Dimitri didn't kiss me, he didn't want to. I kissed him. Please, I am so sorry.¨ She ran from the room sobbing and Dimitri came over to me.