#9

I lay in bed thinking about that one little touch. His touch made me feel alive, made my skin burn. He made me nervous, relaxed, and anxious. I don't know what his next moves are to finding our parent's killer. He scares the living crap out of me, he's so mysterious and seems so dangerous. He won't let anyone in, not even me, yet.

~Dimitri's P.O.V

She came out of the bathroom and bumped into me. I flicked on the light and said, ¨I'm sorry I didn't think you were coming out here.¨

I smiled a little when her hand flew to her mouth concealing a scream. I don't think she noticed she did it, but it was cute. ¨Dimitri you scared the living crap out of me. And yes I was just going to my room. It's right behind you.¨ She gasped.

¨Night Lindsay.¨ I answered, knowing she had to get some sleep. I was glad that she decided to stay here with me. It's nice to have someone just like me, to know that they know what it's like. To have some get me like she does. If we are not discussing how to find the killer, then we don't talk about it. She gets me and I get her. Her friend Lizzie is around all the time, practically stuck to her hip, and I just want time alone with Lindsay to get to know her.

¨Goodnight Dimitri.¨ She replied interruptingmy thoughts. The next thing I did surprised even me, and I think she got startled to. I grabbed her waist which had bare skin available, and pulled her to my chest. Her back was to me and I leaned down to kiss her on the cheek. I pushed her into her room not wanting to face her after that. I quickly rush to my room and close the door. I don't knw what came over me, I just did it without thinking. What's going to happen now, I could just pretend it never happened. I lay on my bed thinking about and didn't notice I was smiling until I let out a little laugh. I couldn't sleep while I was thinking about her, she was on my mind all the time now.

I finally fell asleep and it was an unsettling sleep. He came as usual. ¨Hello Dimitri. Now I did not send that girl for you to fall in love now did I?¨ I knew it was not to be answered but I did anyway.

¨So what if I like her. What's wrong with that?¨ I asked.

¨Well, if you fall in love, you won't complete this task. If you do fall in love with her and tell her, I will hurt her.¨ He threatened.

¨No, don't hurt her please.¨ I screamed.

¨We'll see. Now to business.¨ He came at me with a knife. He cut me down the left leg, from the hip to the knee. I didn't let out a single noise, just let him cut me then he was gone.

I woke up in a cold sweat knowing it was about to happen to Lindsay. ¨Lindsay!¨ I screamed trying to get her up. I didn't make it in time because the next I know she is screaming. I get up so quickly I almost fall to the floor. I rush to her room and slam the door open with a loud thud. Her blanket and sheets are covered in blood. ¨Lizzie, help!¨ I hollered for Lizzie.

She came running in and looked at the sight in horror. ¨What happened?¨ She panicked.

¨I'll tell you later. Can you get the first aid kits in the store. Get a lot of it.¨ I declared. She ran to the store below us and I heard her bustling about. I heard her sprinting back up the stairs and she busted through the room. She handed me the medical supplies and started to clean up Lindsay's leg. She was loosing a lot of blood, her cuts seemed to be worse than mine. ¨Here let me get it she needs a lot of stitches.¨

¨You need help to. How are you going to do hers without passing out yourself?¨ She chimed in.

¨I'll figure it out. Her cut is worse than mine. So let me get it done.¨ I interjected. I started cleaning her wound, luckily I didn't have to cut long pants because she was wearing shorts. After I got it cleaned up I stitched it up which took about twenty minutes. She needed a lot of stitches and a lot of gauze to cover it. Next I got on mine. After a while, I got done and we were cleaned up and ok. I told Lizzie to get cold wet washcloths to calm do what little fever Lindsay did have. I lay down beside her and put my arm over my eyes. Why us? I thought harshly to myself. She rolled over and laid her head on my chest and I stiffened a little. When I realized she was asleep, I put my arm around my waist and pulled her closer. She snuggled even more into my chest and I hugged her so tight I'm surprised she didn't break in half. It was nice to be with someone. I stay awake like that for hours and finaly fall asleep. Asleep with the most beautiful and amazing girl ever, in my arms.

Thanks again for reading. Sorry it's short. Comment and vote please. Hope you enjoy it.