001

word count :: 1602
tw's / cw's - death , grieving process ,
guiltripping behaviors , depressing behaviors ,
spoilers of all games , mass murder ,
public execution , more can / will be added.

.

words. words flowing through his head, trying to process his thoughts together. he's now an adult man, who looks quite familiar. his back against the polyester jacket laying on the side of the couch. the computer closed, the clocks constant ticks being the only real noise of this silent room. his hands dug through his fluffy brown hair, making slight noise, only heard through him. his olive eyes were slightly wider than usual.

he did watch japan crumble after all. he watched the world puncture his heart. the pressure didn't feel real. he watched the dead corpses of his classmates. the cold touch and he also saw their struggles to escape the murders. to him, they just wanted to live long enough so their name could be on a plaque. to tell the day of his escape. some..? some wanted them to just get the soft affirmation of how proud they were. traumatized people crave validation.

makoto naegi forever knew that traumatized people crave validation the most. he held that dearly to him.

every day always did feel like a normal day for makoto. except for bumps and hills throughout the day. he ate, he did his job, he slept, and he repeated that process. after some time, he took a few minutes to breathe. it would be okay, nobody would do that again.

after some time, naegi opened his computer and began to find his classmates emails. not in a creepy way of course, but just so everyone can hang out and heal. thats all makoto genuinely wants. allthough for some, it'll be harder. makoto could definitely name a few.

after hours of scrolling and looking through his old emails, he found something, his classmates contact information. this was perfect! makoto could find his friends again! the male grabbed his phone and began to make a subject of an email. 'Long time, no see.' he typed out. he thought for a bit, and went with it. makoto then placed his friends information on the email and smiled for a moment.

"i got this."he said, smiling as he began to type an email or well, try.

'hey, do you all wanna hang out?' he typed as he pondered for a minute. he didn't send that. but that did sound weird to him. especially for a ten year event like this! he then backspaced that entire email.

he then typed again, 'hey it's makoto, are you guys free today? ' he then backspaced it, he's not flirting with them. that's just really weird. especially since he hasn't seen them since they died.

" this is too hard. " makoto muttered under his breath as he kept thinking for a minute. then he had it! an idea!

he then began to type again. 'it's been a while my friend.' he then realized how weird that sounded it and backspaced it immediately. that was the most embarrassing thing makoto has ever typed in his lifetime.

makoto typed again. no matter how bad it sounded, he'd send it. 'hey, it's makoto. how are you all? i was going to ask if you all wanted to reunite sometime as it has been ten years since the killing game has ended and we hadn't seen each other in a while. i was wondering if you all wanted to head to the park? at noon? when you all are off of course!!' i typed, the nervous expression on my face as he heavily lacked starting conversations. especially due to the fact he didn't fit in much in his younger years.

that was perfect. he sent it. he really didn't want to regret that email. like he regretted a lot of things in the past. as he did that, he shut his computer adjusted his hoodie that he slept in and headed towards his closet. when he got there, he grabbed a white polo, a caramel brown sweater that he's had for a good five years..? he didn't even know. HT then grabbed some light blue distressed jeans and some white sneakers that he's also had for years but are somehow not dirty. he placed his outfit and then grabbed his wallet, placed some headphones in and began to take a walk towards the park