ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 07

Start from the beginning

Gojo: "Oh, my bad.."

A sigh left my lips before frowning.

"Is it off now?"

"Yeah, it's deactivate–"

Satoru quickly faltered to the side of the arena after I bolted through to strike at him.

Surprising Yuta, Satoru's blindfold gently fell from being wrapped around his eyes after being cut through.

Gojo: "Oi..! What the heck, I wasn't ready yet!"

I chuckled and went into my signature fighting stance again.

"No worries, I was just checking.."

Satoru smirked before heading into his own fighting stance. We didn't have similar forms anymore, it was a fight-to-kill situation now.

Yuta was completely silent, though he couldn't really utter any words out loud while he was witnessing two of the strongest jujutsu sorcerers in the world fight.

"I'll end this.."

"Don't get cocky.."

A silence resonated within the room along with tension that arose.

In another second, the both of us charged simultaneously.

I leaped into the air, holding the wooden sword with both hands, and preparing to strike down.

On the other hand, Satoru held his sword with both of his hands as well, preparing to counter my attack.

Our swords swiftly and strongly collided with each other. And our eyes only widened in surprise when the weapons shattered into bits and pieces.

"Oh, crap–"

"Ah, shi–"

I ended up awkwardly crashing onto the guy who also looked terrified. I groaned and sat on the floor trying to pop my neck for relief.

Yuta: "A-Are you guys okay?"

"You jerk. Couldn't you have dodged in time..?!"

"Wait, why are you blaming me?!" Satoru pointed to himself.

Satoru and I started bickering like children, causing Yuta to not know what he should do again.

'These people.. They're really amazing, but.. maybe they should work on sportsmanship per se..' Yuta pondered, forcing an awkward laugh out.

"But still, you were cheating! Imagine having Infinity on during a sparring match!"

"What gives!? You never really hit me anyway.."

"Hah?! How did you think I found out you were cheating?"

"Stop calling me a cheater! If anybody's a cheater here, it's you!"

"And how was I cheating exactly?"

"You attacked me when I wasn't ready yet! Now you even ruined my blindfold!"

"Screw that, why do you even have that crappy blindfold anyway..!? Are you disabled..!?"

"Hah?!"

...

Returning to the infirmary of Jujutsu High where I lazily laid on the bed, Satoru sat on the couch, crossing his arms and leaning back on the wall.

Yuta left earlier since he still had a training session with Maki. And we easily got him to keep his mouth quiet about my recovery, and the sparring match Satoru and I had earlier.

Gojo: "So, what's your plan?"

I opened one eye to look at the latter. And yes, I was about to fall asleep.

"My plans for the upcoming war, and after it?"

"Yes, and yes."

"I told you, I will not be participating in whatever war is occurring. It doesn't involve me anyway."

A silence happened between us, and tension began rising again.

".. As for what I'll do, I'll be hunting Geto down. I don't care if we were bestfriends, I'll take his head without any hesitation. No harsh feelings, okay, Satoru? You're his bestfriend, too.."

"Honestly, this is so troublesome.."

A sigh left his mouth, expressing how stressed and in disbelief he was.

"Suguru and you, are presumably, two of the most important people in the world to me. Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't let you do what you plan on doing."

"But the situation right now is nowhere near normal anymore.."

Gojo: "I am aware.."

He stood up, stuffed his hands within the pockets of his jacket and looked out the window.

"Suguru massacred over a hundred civilians in a single night, which led to expulsion. He declared war in front of everybody. Threatened to wipe out all non-sorcerers. Those alone are capital offenses. And to top it all off, he attempted to assassinate you, now you're after him.."

Turning around, he started walking towards the door.

"His decisions are punishable through death only. Suguru's death is inevitable.."

Satoru stopped at the door and held the knob.

"One of us will be his angel of death. But if it's you, Y/N. Forget the times we had with him. Don't hesitate, alright?"

He looked me in the eye, whereas I returned the gesture with all seriousness. Though deep down, I knew something was bound to go wrong.

"Yeah. I won't hesitate.. I'll absolutely kill him.."

END