his body sways back and forth while his hands grip on the chains for some some of stability so that he stops moving around and potentially hurt on his shoulder.

"don't take o-off.. y-your b-blindfold" he struggles to voice under his choked tears and scratchy throat. "n-never..never..ugh!.." he stops when a wave of pain flares from his legs. he bites his lower lip to stop from sobbing out loud. he exhales shakily when the tapping becomes more impatient. time's running out.

"never t-try to es...escape.." he barely manages to finish that sentence without wailing in pain. but he goes on regardless of how worn out his body feels. it's too much for him to handle.

"don't fa..hmmm" he suppresses a yelp "don't fall aslee-"

"time's up."  the boss says with a frown before taking the second hit under the young boy's chest, slamming the metal right above his ribs. knocking the air out of Kai's lungs causing him to cough more violently this time. blood spewing out of the boy's mouth and straight onto the floor. "should've been faster".

"please..." Kai begs when the tapping resumes. his lungs burn and his stomach flips in it's place. the tapping fastens and at once, it stops, and Kai's readies himself for a third hit. flinching as far back as the chains allow him.

it doesn't stop the metal from colliding into his body, it makes contact with his stomach, and he folds in half before his body jerks forward and he empties the contents of his stomach onto the floor.

the vomiting continues until he no longer has nothing left inside. 

the exhaustion wins and he gives up on trying to save his other shoulder as he he let's his body fall forward, hanging solely on his hands that are no longer gripping the chains but letting themself get cut by the cuffs.

his mind's swims in a haze, and he feels the consciousness slipping from him slowly, but he has to stay awake, no matter what. The sounds mix up in a fog and he can hear screaming in the distance, but his tired mind does not care to figure out who they belong to. it's almost as if he's entering automat mode when he feels himself dig into his palm with his nails, a habit he developed whenever he felt the fatigue taking over him.

he digs deeper and deeper, hanging on his awareness by a thin thread. he can't fall asleep. 

not anymore.

.................

"why would they separate Hyunnie from us?" Yeonjun dared to ask, but it seemed like both Beomgyu and Soobin were as lost as him. 

"did they even take him?" Beomgyu tried to remember exactly what happened back outside of the motel. but everything after they shot Soobin is blurry. just the thought of Taehyun being left alone somewhere in the forest in the middle of nowhere brought a sense of uneasiness in the air.

Yeonjun shook his head in certainty. a disagreeing look on his face.

"no, I saw them loading Taehyun on the other car, the same one you were in Binnie.." Yeonjun looked at Soobin with warm eyes. scared, but warm nonetheless.

 Soobin nodded in understanding. his mind gears running non stop in hopes to restore some of the blurry memories. but everything's a daze from the second he felt the splitting pain in his stomach.

"and.. umm, Kai? is he.." Soobin couldn't bring himself to finish his question, his words hang in the air for a while waiting to be answered. 

Yeonjun tapped his shoe on the ground to release some of the anxiousness that kept building up in his mind. he didn't have to hear the end of the question to know what Soobin was asking.

"he is.." the older answered, and the heavy feeling lingered when the memories of Kai being shocked back to life resurfaced. and he shakes his head in a lame attempt to shoo them away.

Beomgyu fiddled with the ends of his shirt, thinking of something to say to break the thick tension in the air. but it seemed as if all moral they managed to gather from the situation had evaporated. all three of them occupied with their own fond memories with the young boy.

"do you think we'll ever see him again?" Soobin asked, and the question lingered,  yet again. 

that's when the room lit up in a dim, cold tone light. their faces pale in disgust and horror as they take in their surrounding, and it takes a lot for three of them not to gag at the sight.

Soobin's seen a lot of grotesque things in his life. 

but this is something you only see in nightmares. 

and there's nothing they wanted more than to wake up.