✦ ɢʀᴀᴘᴇ ✦

a week later

i ran downstairs as i heard a knock at the door. i knew it was awsten, as we had discussed earlier in the day that he would come over so we could spend time together. today marked one month since we officially started dating.

i had gotten him two presents. well, one i made but i hoped he'd still like it. i didn't know if he got me anything but i wouldn't have cared if he didn't. it was just one month of dating after all. it wasn't that long.

i opened the door to see my blonde headed boyfriend holding two wrapped presents. one was big, snapped like a box. and, there was another on top of it that was thin and i couldn't really make it out.

"hey there, pretty girl. mind if i come in?" awsten greeted me, with a smile i grew to love and adore.

"come on in, blonde boy." i giggled. i moved out of the way so that he could come in and he walked through the door way.

"these are for you," he said, handing me the presents. "you can open them whenever."

"lets head upstairs then. i got you a couple things as well." i told him. he smiled harder, his cheeks turning a light pink.

"you didn't have to get me anything, really."

"i could tell you the same thing."

"you're my girlfriend, of course i'm gonna spoil you."

"yada yada yada, let's head upstairs."

the two of us headed upstairs to my bedroom and he set my presents on the floor by my bed. i went into my closet and grabbed his, mentally cursing myself for not taking the time to wrap them.

"i didn't have time to wrap them, i hope you don't mind." i told him, handing them to him. one was a box of chocolates that i got after valentines day when they were on discount. the other, was a light purple beanie that i crocheted that i figured would go with his hair when he dyed it. "also, and i don't really consider it a present because it's just hair dye, i grabbed some purple hair dye when i was at cvs. it's arctic fox because box dye is super splotchy and gross."

"thank you so much, baby, i love them."

awsten leaned in and gave me a short kiss before picking up my presents off the ground. i sat down on my bed and he set them next to me. i reached for the top present first but he stopped me.

"open the one on the bottom first. it'll make more sense." awsten told me. i nodded, setting the top present down to unwrap the bottom.

i tore off the wrapping paper and it revealed a box, as i had earlier suspected. i giggled.

"a box? you shouldn't have, really." i said, endearingly. awsten chuckled.

"open the box, doofus." he told me. i looked at him.

"with what, exactly?" i pointed out. he looked around the room and then grabbed a fork off my dresser. i don't even remember why i had a fork in my room. guess i just did.

i attempted to tear the tape with the fork and failed, which caused awsten to let out a laugh i could tell he was trying to suppress. i shot daggers at him and he held his hands up in surrender.

"let me help you, this is both painful and hilarious to watch." awsten said. i sighed, sliding the fork to him. he took it and glided the pointy part of the fork against the tape. it tore open and i mentally face palmed, realizing that i should have thought of that. "all yours, my love."

i opened the flaps of the box and lightly gasped at what i saw.

it was a record player, the same exact model as the one i had before. i knew that had to have cost him a shit ton of money, and my eyes began to water. it was too much, i didn't deserve this.