𝐢. 𝒂 𝒔𝒖𝒎𝒎𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒇 𝒃𝒍𝒊𝒔𝒔

𝐿𝐼𝐺𝐻𝑇 𝑇𝐻𝐸 𝑊𝐴𝑌 ! )
CHAPTER ONE

(  𝐿𝐼𝐺𝐻𝑇 𝑇𝐻𝐸 𝑊𝐴𝑌 !  )CHAPTER ONE

A SUMMER OF BLISS
﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

Since Coriander Greengrass had stepped foot into the dragon sanctuary in Romania, her summer had been spent in utter bliss. She and Juno were inseparable. They spent time walking the corridors of the sanctuary's headquarters or in the gardens of the Silvius estate nearby. They read many books (both taken from the Silvius library and from the archives at the dragon sanctuary), caught up on all of their lost time, and Cori, as she had long since been nicknamed by Juno during their first and only year together at Hogwarts, got to see the dragons and dragon-tamers in action.

Elowen was a gentle force to be reckoned with, and dragons seemed to love her when they weren't protecting their young or eggs. Dragons were, for the most part, relatively calm. They were still unpredictable creatures, but they were highly intelligent. Dragon mothers were the fiercest, which was how they had gotten their reputation as wild beasts.

The most surprising event during the summer was learning that Juno was bonded with a dragon. A golden dragon named Helios, the same age as Juno herself was a steadfast creature that only responded affectionately to Juno. The male dragon was named after Helios, the Greek god of the sun, due to his golden-yellow scales, which resembled the sun's brightness. Otherwise, he was a stubborn dragon that did not enjoy being prodded and poked at.

Juno was one of two witches alive to have tamed a dragon to that degree, bonding with it and even being able to ride the magnificent creature (Aspen was the second, bonding to an older turquoise she-dragon).

It had happened when Juno had been a mere toddler babe, and she had wandered about the sanctuary and into a nest. Just as she had fallen into the nest, the egg had hatched, and out came Helios, who had immediately taken to Juno as they saw each other as nestmates and would, from that day on, be the best of friends.

On this warm summer day, Coriander took to the gardens of the Silvius estate with Juno and Aspen. Coriander sat underneath the shade of the great sprawling beech tree, its red leaves a unique sight in the middle of their garden, surrounded by green trees and grass, with various bushes of beautiful flowers and herbs.

Juno lay on the grass with her head resting upon Coriander's lap, dressed in a light gold-yellow dress, proudly showing her house pride. Aspen sat nestled into the tree's roots, her back against the bark of the great tree, her nose stuck in the book she was reading on the various plants native to France (a gift of Coriander to Aspen for her recent thirteenth birthday).

"We should go see Helios tomorrow," Juno remarks, breaking the peaceful silence then, looking up into Coriander's vibrant green eyes, a gift she inherited from her mother. "I reckon he misses us."