TᕼIՏ ᗯOᖇᒪᗪ IᑎᐯᗴᖇTᗴᗪ & ᗷᒪOOᗪ ᑕᗩᒪᒪՏ TO ᗷᒪOOᗪ

Start from the beginning

Room

Alyssa was seated on the couch in the room, looking up at the ceiling. She stands up when she hears the door to the room being opened. Izzy rushes in without preamble and hugs the girl tightly. Alyssa hugged her back and looked up to see Raj telling Alec to not take long before closing the door behind him.
"Alyssa, why would you do that? Why did you..."
"Because if I didn't, you'd have been arrested and between you and me, it's better that it's me than you. I don't have much to lose if they convict me, you do. Besides, I meant what I said back there; there isn't anything I wouldn't do for the ones I love."
"Alyssa..."
"Izzy, it's fine. I'll be fine." She said to the dark-haired girl with a smile then looked toward Alec. "Why are you here?"
"Jace stole the Cup." Alec said. Alyssa was confused as to why he was telling her this. Izzy, understanding her confusion, explained.
"He told Lydia everything that happened, everything that he knew and told her and he told her, he'd give her the cup for your freedom."
"But I couldn't find it. Jace stole it to give it to Clary." Alec said. Alyssa nodded at him.
"Ok, so what? Am I supposed to react to that statement? Am I supposed to gasp or something?" She asked. Alec looked at her in confusion then at his sister, who looked away and back at Alyssa.
"Alyssa, Izzy, did you know about this?" The two didn't say anything. "My God, did you two help him?"
"Yes, and no to both questions respectively." Alyssa said nonchalantly. Alec looked at her.
"The Cup is the only thing that can get you out of this, Alyssa."
"Jace is doing what he thinks is right." Izzy said.
"What's right?" Alec walked over. "He put the whole Shadow World in danger. He put Alyssa in danger and could have put you in danger if you'd been the one here."
"Why do you think I took her place? Why do you care anyway? You have your family all safe and sound, why are you bothering with me? I mean your family is all you care about, right?"
"You're included in that family, Alyssa. You're my sister. What I said to you in the training room was wrong. I didn't mean it. I was angry and I lashed out at you. I'm sorry."
"It's going to take a lot more than a sorry to make up for what you said." Alyssa said, turning away from him. Alec sighed and walked to stand in front of her.
"I know. But still, you're my sister and I can't let this happen to you. We have to get Jace back. With the Cup. It's the only thing that can help you."
"They've taken Meliorn back to the Seelie Realm." Izzy revealed. "You can't track him there."
"Not by any of the normal ways." Alec said, going to walk past her and Alyssa. Alyssa quickly swung around and caught his arm after realizing what he meant. Izzy had caught on too.
"No, absolutely not." They both said to him.
"You cannot track Jace through your parabatai bond. It will weaken both of you. Or break the bond." Izzy said.
"Jace already weakened it. How does he think I can trust him after what he did?" Alec said angrily.
"Alec, he was trying to save you from doing something stupid that would have weighed on your conscience. Yes, he did wrong by going behind your back to take the Cup but he wasn't doing it to hurt you. He loves you, Alec. Don't destroy what you both have, please." Alyssa said.
"Please, Alec. Think about what you're doing." Izzy pleaded. Alec remained silent and looked at the girls. Without another word, he left the room.
"Izzy, go with him. Make sure he..."
"Lyssa, we both know he's not going to change his mind once it's set." Alyssa sighed and sat down on the couch. Izzy sat beside her and wrapped an arm around her shoulders, placing her head on one of her shoulders. Alyssa sighed again and leaned her head against Izzy's and took Izzy's hand in hers.
Sometime later, as they sat there in silence, Alyssa suddenly grabbed her side and groaned in pain. Izzy looked at her worried and held onto her shoulders as Alyssa hunched over in pain.
"Lyssa?" The girl groaned again, still holding her side.
"Jace! Alec!" She then screamed in pain before slumping, unconscious. Izzy's eyes widened in fear and worry and caught her before she could fall forward further then brought her back to lean on the couch. She gently shook her trying to wake her. Izzy checked her pulse to see if it was there and breathed a sigh of relief when she found it.
"Lyssa? Lyssa!"
After some moments, Alyssa's eyes fluttered open. Izzy noticed and sighed happily in relief.
"Lyssa? Are you okay?" Alyssa sat up with a slight groan and nodded at her. "What happened? You said Alec and Jace's names before you screamed and fell unconscious."
"Alec, he...he went through with it." Just then the door opened and Alec walked inside with Raj on his heels.
"Hey, hey, Alec."
"Just...just wait." He said to Raj then closed the door. Izzy stood up.
"What happened? Are you and Jace okay?" She asked.
"No." Alec answered.
"You weakened your parabatai bond." Alyssa said. Alec took a good look at her and noticed she didn't look all too well.
"What happened to you? Are you alright?"
"You weakened Jace when your tracked him by your parabatai bond and in effect, weakened me too. Jace and I are not just telepathically connected. Unless we block each other out, we can feel each other's pain. And since he can feel your pain as well, I can feel it too. Simply speaking, I'm somewhat linked in your parabatai bond through my soul bond with Jace."
"Alyssa, I'm sorry. I...I didn't know."
"I know. Neither of us knew until now. I know you wouldn't have gone through it otherwise."
"The bond, it's just so weak now. He's like a ghost." Alec said.
"Alec, what did you do?" Izzy asked.
"Lydia and I thought we could stop the trial if we gave the Cup to the Clave."
"Lydia helped you? Why? It's not like she even likes me or anything." Alyssa said.
"It doesn't matter." Alec said, sitting beside her on the couch with a sigh. "She has no choice now but to go through with the trial now." He said, looking at her then at Izzy. Izzy sat on Alec's other side. Alyssa looked at how dejected he looked.
"It's okay, Alec. I know you tried." She said.
"I'm sorry." Alec said, looking at her.
"Don't be. You did all you could." Alyssa laid her head on his shoulder and took one of his hands. Izzy did same on his other side. "I forgive you for earlier." Alec didn't reply. He leaned his head against Alyssa, kissing the top of it.