ᗰᗩᒍOᖇ ᗩᖇᑕᗩᑎᗩ

Same Night

Magnus' Apartment - Living Room

Jace and Magnus were sitting in the room waiting when Clary walked out of the room with Alyssa in tow.

"I know where the Cup is." Clary announced, getting Jace's and Magnus' attention. Alyssa moved to stand by Jace who stood up, fixing his glove.

"Come again?" He asked.

"The tarot cards." Clary said as if it explained everything. "My mom, she must have painted them years ago but the Mortal Cup has to be hidden inside the Ace of Cups. The card looks exactly like it."

"Lovely." Alyssa said sarcastically, exchanging a look with Magnus and Jace.

"Wait, why aren't you guys happy about this?" Clary said. "All we have to do is find..." Clary trailed off as Magnus and Alyssa gave her a look that made her realize. "Dot." This made the redhead crestfallen.

"Exactly, Clary. If Dot had the cards when she was taken then..." Alyssa began.

"We don't have much time." Jace continued. "If Valentine gets his hands on the Cup..." Magnus got up from his seat and held his hands up, cutting Jace off.

"We know. If Valentine started creating Shadowhunters or gained control over demons, it'd be like Beyoncé riding on a dinosaur through Times Square. People would notice."

"But he can control demons. I've seen it." Clary said.

"Mmm...not exactly. Paying of a few demons is quite scarily easy. It's hardly a sweat for someone like Valentine." Alyssa said.

"Alyssa's right. Especially since they rarely survive long enough to collect." Magnus said.

"Still waiting on Valentine's 'Thank You' card." Jace said sarcastically.

"Mmm...you're gonna be waiting a long time for that, babe." Alyssa said with a smirk at Jace who smirked back. "Don't hold your breath."

"Opening the gates of hell...that's a little more tricky." Magnus continued, sitting down.

"Valentine doesn't have the cards." Luke said, walking into the room, still wrapped in bandages. "I do. They're in my desk back at the precinct. When Clary went missing, I went to the loft and I cleared everything out because I didn't want the Circle to track them." Clary's face lit up at this bit of news.

"That's great. This should be easy." She said, making Magnus hum in disagreement.

"Hmm, that's what General Custer said." He remarked.

"In other words, little sister, not so easy. Nothing's ever easy in this world." Alyssa added.

"Magnus and Lyss are right. Valentine has spies everywhere, even in the NYPD. We have to be discreet." Luke said.

"Discreet?" Clary asked incredulously. "You look like something out of 'The Mummy' movie." Magnus raised an eyebrow and tittered.

"We'll go in the morning." Luke said. Clary still had a look of disbelief.

"He'll be fine by then. Werewolves heal faster than the average human." Alyssa explained to Clary. "However, that healing would only kick in faster if he was in bed resting like he should be." She said, giving Luke a look. Jace chuckled softly while Magnus and Clary tried to hold in their giggles.

"This is nothing a couple of hours of beauty sleep can't fix." Luke said.

"Yeah, so you should get to bed." Alyssa said, moving to push him towards the guest room. Luke chuckled and brought her close to him in a one-armed hug, both of them going to the bedroom.

Next Morning