"The one with the plastic on it's neck?" He tried not to laugh even harder than he already was as he looked down at her face.

"Yes. I don't like him. That plastic should'a killed him." She rolled her eyes.

"I don't even know what to say to that." He shook his head, loving the small pout on her face.

"You my man right? Beat his ass or something," She shrugged, gesturing for him to go.

"Ma, I'm not about to fight a penguin."

"That's crazy. I'd fight a penguin for you if you wanted me too." She frowned. "Deuce, would you fight a penguin for me?" She turned and looked at him once he came back over after watching the penguin catch and eat their fish.

"Yeah. Like this." He started throwing punches in the air, making dramatic sound effects to go along with them. "See?" He looked up at her with a smile once he finished.

"I saw. That's why I rock with you." She nodded, giving him a fist bump. "Yo long-headed daddy said he won't fight a penguin for me. Can you believe that?" She asked, shaking her head.

"Why not?" Deuce asked, looking up at Jayson with a confused face.

"That's what I wanna know." Kasie egged on, trying not to laugh. Jayson just stood there staring at the two of them, wondering what the hell it was that he had just gotten himself into with the two of them.

Deuce and Kasie had barely known each other for a couple hours and they were already like the best of friends. Deuce attached himself to Kasie, just as quickly as Jayson did, so he wasn't really surprised.

Jayson knew that with Mariah he hadn't had the chance to deal with this; an actual family-like dynamic. And from this day alone, he was interested in seeing how it all progressed as they continued to get to know each other.

He liked the fact that he was already in the process of having a healthy baby mother to wifey relationship. He didn't know what he would do if they didn't get along; that was just some stress that he didn't need in his life.

It was times like this where he was glad that he and Mariah were both mature adults who were strictly focused on the care of Deuce and how he would be affected in the long run.

"I- wow." He nodded, not knowing what else to say.

"Yeah, wow. Ole long-headed, long-legged, won't-fight-a-penguin face ahh." Kasie roasted, making Deuce laugh.

"Mmcht, you want some food?" He proposed knowing that it was a simple solution.

"I'm listening."

"Come on. Sitting here roasting me in front of my own son. That's crazy." He shook his head, guiding them all out of the penguin colony and the aquarium in general.

Walking up to the car, Kasie reached for the back passenger door handle to let Deuce inside.

"Monroe." Jayson's voice came quickly after as it usually did.

"Ugh, I know. Don't touch the door, blah. Hurry up then." She rushed. He opened her door since he had to walk past it first, and then Deuce's.

After he helped Deuce into the car, he went to Kasie to do his usual while Deuce buckled himself in since he was in his independent, 'I can do it myself' phase.

"Who you be talking to, shordy?" He asked, kissing her face.

"Come on Jay, I'm hungry."

"Mm, you love me?" He continued kissing her lips, ignoring her slight attitude.

"Jayson." She pouted. She was promised pasta, and pasta was now what she craved.

"I love you." He smiled as she blushed.

"I love you too. Pasta now, please."

"Eh, I guess." He chuckled, kissing her lips once more before closing her door, checking Deuce's car seat to make sure he had properly strapped himself in and then going to the driver's side.

The restaurant that he planned to take them to was only up the road from the aquarium so they all sat and ate before driving back to Kasie's house to get ready for the party.

Once they arrived, Deuce went to speak to Brandy & Derrick while Jayson & Kasie went upstairs.

She had the plan to tell Jayson the depths of the tv deal before she announced it to the guests at the dinner. In her mind, it just made more sense to tell him the new details before just springing it on him.

Especially since their relationship together had the idea of longevity behind it.

"Wassup?" Jayson asked as he sat on her bed, pulling Kasie to stand between his legs in front of him.

"Okay, so you remember how I was telling you about a potential tv deal right?" She asked.

"Yeah. What? You signed or something?" He smiled once she nodded, happy for her success.

"Ay, proud of you baby." He ran his hands on her thighs, squeezing in random places. Her thickness was definitely one of his favorite features on her; he is an ass man for sure.

"Thank you." She smiled. "But, I know we've never talked about how that would work or anything like that. And, of course I don't want you to be uncomfortable so, yeah." She shrugged.

"When does filming start?" He asked.

"January."

"Do you want me to be on it?" He asked as he still ran his hands along her sides.

"I mean, yeah. It's about my life and my business and your a part of my life- an important part, and yeah. But it's nothing if you don't want to. I know you're a pretty private person." She shrugged.

It was really just an idea for Kasie since if he didn't want to be filmed, he simply wouldn't. It wouldn't affect their relationship in any way so it was just a beneficial factor, in a way, that Kasie wanted to give him.

"I don't mind." He shrugged. He was definitely the definition of a private person but he trusted Kasie and he was ready to show their relationship off.

"Okay." She smiled. "Also, there won't be filming when Deuce is around. I know how you feel about his privacy, and I respect that. He's a kid, I don't do that exploitation shit." She frowned at the thought.

Especially since Deuce wasn't her biological kid, she didn't feel comfortable with him being filmed just because he was around Kasie. Maybe if he was older and wanted to do it on his own, that would be a different conversation, but he's only four so for Kasie, it was out of the question.

"Man, lay down right quick." Jayson chuckled, picking her up by her thighs and placed her on the bed.

"What are you doing?" She giggled at the sudden action.

"You're so perfect." He kissed her.

"So I've been told." She smiled, as he trailed his kisses down her body.

fuck Lovelace! that plastic should'a laced his ass right up to penguin hell! wit his ugly, flat booty, fried hair face ass.