thirteen

●・○・●・○・●

●・○・●・○・●

THE SILENCE BETWEEN LUCERYS AND ALICENT WAS unbearable, the boy had managed to slip and was staying quiet so the woman wouldn't notice, but she could see something was easily bothering him. Alicent decided that she would wait until she had took the boy to her home and ask him herself what was wrong, she felt like perhaps she was wrong about him. After Aegon stuck up for him, she thought maybe the boy had changed, if Aegon had now started to talk about him in a new light then something must have changed.

Soon, they pulled up to the house, and hopped out the car. Alicent patiently waited for Luke to grab his stuff before locking it, the boy shuffled slightly towards her as she got the door opened, walking inside, he followed her and shut the door. He stood awkwardly in the archway until she called him into the living room to sit.

The boy did as he was told and stared anywhere but Alicent, the woman had already seen the groupchat with the stuffed animal, but she decides to go with the gentler approach instead. "What's in the box?"

Lucerys glanced up, "teddy." He mutters quietly.

"Can you show me your teddy?" She was very confused to say the least, confused to why he was speaking as if he were a toddler. She was trying to understand him, perhaps, she could ask Aegon later once she'd gotten the boy to calm down. As the year streaks dried from his face, he lifted the bear from the box, and showed it to her.

"This is Sapphire, he's my comfort teddy!" He began to show her the wings and ever detail enthusiastically, she watched in wonder, and watched how he explained to her what it is he does even if he is just a stuffed toy.

"Lucerys, why don't you stay here and watch anything you want, I'll get you some juice okay?" He nods and thanks her as she gave him the remote.

Alicent picked up her phone and failed Aegon who answered with a 'tired hello.' "Aegon, explain something to me. Why does Lucerys act like a child?" She could feel his shock through the phone, "I found him on the street in tears after he found out no one was home and he didn't have a key, so I took him here to my house."

"...He's with you?" He was silent for a moment, "do you want me to come and get him?"

"No, he's fine, he's harmless. He's introduced me to his teddy he made today, Sapphire isn't that a nice name." She chuckles slightly.

"A great name..." she could hear Aegon chuckling with her but not for the reason she was laughing at. "I said I wouldn't tell anyone mother, but look up age-regression."

Alicent knew what age-regression was, she wasn't stupid. Lucerys was a little then...."how long has he been a little?"

"You already know!?" He practically shouts into the phone.