3. The Letter

Ayanokouji POV

I walked to the school remembering the events of yesterday. All of them are very naive and stupid. They are spoiled to the very core. They don't know how cruel this world is. Their father protected them from the world's malice all these years, but once they become adults, he can't protect them.

Itsuki and Yotsuba are set to improve themselves. The other three are not interested at all.

Nino is the definition of a spoiled princess who doesn't want to let go of her childhood.

Ichika's hiding something. She sleeps a lot. Why? She doesn't study or do any part-time jobs as well. All I know is she hangs out with her friends according to Dr. Nakano. But what if it is a piece of incomplete information given to him by Ichika? She is cunning, so I have to observe her more.

And, lastly Miku. She has very much low self-esteem. Immensely pessimistic, and why is she always on guard with other people? She was not trained or didn't experience darkness like me. Is it bullying or some trauma like Kei? She already miswrote the questions she knew, but why?

'I need to —'

While I was monologuing my thoughts, I came to the school.

"Barely on time, huh?" I checked my watch and saw I was just a minute early to the homeroom.

'Is it because of waiting for the cafè misto at Starbucks?'

I saw a limousine stop near me and the quintuplets getting out of the car.

"Oh, hello. Good morning Ayanokouji-kun." She smiled and greeted me.

"Hello, Ayanokouji-san." Yotsuba cheerily greeted me

It is bliss to watch a beauties smile at me.

"It's the demon tutor." Good to see you as well, Nino.

"Nino, it's rude." Itsuki chided her

"H-hello, Kiyotaka-kun." Ichika hesitantly waved her hand.

"..." Miku, didn't respond but she was scared.

"Good morning to you girls. Did you prepare anything I told you yesterday, Itsuki, Yotsuba?"

"Hahaha, we did some homework, but we got some doubts Ayanokouji-san. Please help us?"

"Alright. Meet me after school. Now go to your classes."

After I assured Yotsuba, they all went to their classrooms. Itsuki and I went to our classroom.

***

At lunch, I saw Miku carrying a sandwich and a match soda.

"Hey, Miku," I called her.

"A-ah." She suddenly looked at me with fear.

"No need to fear me. Look, I want to talk." 

"Wh-what do you want?"

How should I bring the topic?

"Uhh, the weather's good today, isn't it?"

Crap I failed, she looked at me with a deadpanned expression.

"You suck at speaking with someone, more than me, Kiyotaka. But you are good at blackmailing."

I groaned slightly.

" You drink matcha soda?" 

"Yes."

"I never drank it. Should I buy it?"

"Once again, you suck at conversation. You're scary, so I won't share it with you. And if you want to buy it, you can, but I think it is bitter for your taste."