Images only came back to Y/N in clear snippets while she was still sitting in the semi dark room that her eyes got accustomed to, looking around her.

She could see Ariana and Dalton sit up from the bed looking at her in complete shock. She could see herself storm towards Dalton and punch him right in the nose.
Another snippet showed a screaming Ariana, begging for you to stop.
Another of him pushing her to the ground.
Y/N getting up. Getting held back by Ariana. Despite everything, the rage was entirely directed towards Dalton.

And in one blink of an eye, the memory that broke her heart all over again - a snippet of Ariana slapping her right in the face.

Y/N flinched as if she felt that slap as real as it was earlier.
She brought back to the dark room you had been sitting in for god knows how long.

Her body felt week, her throat was dry to the point that if she had wanted to talk, she wouldn't be sure of uttering out any words.
Her eyes were so heavy from all the crying. She could have just closed her eyes and fallen asleep there and then.
But she didn't want to. She wanted everything, but nothing at the same time. She was in conflict with herself with no hope of reconciliation any time soon.

She heard her phone vibrate in the distance and saw the faint light coming from across the room.
She had forgotten that in a bit of rage, she had thrown her phone across the room. She was surprised her phone was still functional.

Y/N wondered who was reaching out to her. She had secretly hoped that it was Ariana calling her saying it was all a mistake, a misunderstanding, that it was going to be okay.
But the only person that could make it okay was also the person who put her in this situation.

She found herself crawling towards the floor, intrigued by who could be calling.
The vibrating and light from her phone had stopped halfway through her crawling to it. But she kept going.
She knew she had to come back to reality at some point.

She felt her arms grow weak and seconds later her body came crashing to the floor. She was exhausted. She couldn't go on like this. With no energy left in her, Y/N succumbed to her heavy eyes and drifted off to sleep.

"Y/N!" She felt her whole body being shaken, but her eyes were shut tight. Even if she had wanted to, her eyes did not want to comply.
Everything felt so heavy, her body, her eyes, her heart.
Her body was shaken yet again and an intrusive hand made her way to her face and open her eyes forcefully.

Y/N jerked up at the strange touch and was met face to face with her sister.

"Thank fuck Y/N. You scared the living shit out of me." Her sister said, throwing herself at Y/N and embracing her in a tight hug.
Y/N couldn't help but enjoy that hug. As if it helped just a little bit.
But the reality of it all just hit her. She was happy to see her sister, but deep down, she had wished for Ariana.

"I'm not going to ask if you're okay, because I can't begin to imagine how you feel like. But I'm gonna ask you if you want to come downstairs with me? I will make us some tea and I got us some food. You need to eat something."

Y/N was still a bit drowsy and confused. She felt hungover, yet she had nothing to drink.

"Yes." Was all that Y/N had the strength to say. Her throat was dry, her lips were dry, she felt her body like a burnt piece of paper, that with one gust of wind, she would just fall to pieces.

Her sister took her hands and helped her get up the floor. She held on to Y/N while leading her down the stairs where all her stuff had been still laying from that day she came home and found Ariana and Dalton. She suddenly felt sick to her stomach.

The bright lights shinning through all the big windows blinded her. Her eyes hurt. Everything hurt at having to live again.

She found herself being placed on a bar stool at kitchen island counter. She could see a bag of food and groceries.
She could not react to anything, she could not feel much either.