"Look at her, my Flame" Nyferia said smiling as Eraella took steps of her own. Aegon smiled, and for a moment both of them forgot why they were hiding in the Godswood, until Alicent's voice rang through the inner courtyard. "Ser Vaemond wishes to speak with us, Aegon" she said, watching the children as they clung to their father, Maenar in his arms and Eraella holding his leg. Aegon sighed, closing his eyes before he put Maenar down, kissing his dark brown locks before kissing Eraella's silver hair.

"I know you'll do well" Nyferia told her husband, holding his hand for a moment to give him comfort. "Rhaenyra and her House are already in the Keep, beware" Aegon said, knowing that if anyone were to slip in their speech and reveal they had been planning to overthrow the Princess, she would unleash seven hells. Aegon kissed his wife, letting their foreheads touch before he walked back inside, into the Small Council room where he sat in the chair meant for the King as he watched ser Vaemond.

"What would you agree too?" Otto asked as he watched Vaemond as Aegon sat down. "I, a true son of the Tides, should inherit Driftmark, not a boy who had never even captained a ship nor people" Vaemond said. "Once I am Lord of Driftmark, I and Velaryon bannermen would raise our banners for Prince Aegon, as the Rightful Heir of the Iron Throne" Vaemond said, looking from the Hand to the Prince and Queen. "I would also offer the hand of my son for the Princess Eraella, to bring our Houses closer together" Vaemond said.

"A fair match" Otto said before looking at Aegon as Alicent looked down, her poor granddaughter had been barely a year old now. But instead agreeing, which she had expected of Aegon, Aegon laughed. "As much as your banners would be appreciated, ser Vaemond, your son, who is my own age, will not be given to my infant daughter" Aegon said looking at the Velaryon man. "I will not sell my daughter like a broodmare, and if you suggest such a thing again, I will feed you to Sunfyre and this whole ordeal will be over with" Aegon said, his glare darkened as he looked at Vaemond Velaryon. "The match is decent, my Prince" Otto said looking at Aegon. Aegon looked at his Grandsire. "The match is vulgar, and I will not agree to it" Aegon said. It had upset his Grandsire, but Aegon had put his foot down, before he left the Small Council room, where he had run into his wife and children, his chest feeling relief of anger when he saw them.

"Is everything alright?" Nyferia asked, she had been on her way to visit King Viserys like she did every afternoon, her children loved to spend time with her Grandsire even as sick as he was. Maenar would always read to the King, as Eraella would sit next to the King. Aegon's eyes said no, but he gave his children a small smile, reassuring them. "Everything is fine" Aegon said before they went to see his father, the King.

Viserys had not been alone, Prince Daemon and Princess Rhaenyra had been in the King's apartments as well, but Maenar and Eraella ignored the two, running—or in Eraella's case wobbling—to the King, Maenar grabbed the thick book filled with Valyrian stories before they climbed on the bed, Viserys letting out a small whisper. "Maenar" he whispered.

Maenar could read fluently, obviously the young Prince had only been 3,5. But he came up with his own version of the stories, but it entertained his grandsire none the less.

Nyferia linked her arm with Aegon's as she saw Princess Rhaenyra, her belly—like her own—had been slightly swollen with another babe, the third one by Prince Daemon if she remembered correctly. "Prince Aegon" Rhaenyra said looking at the young Prince, she was surprised he had been in their father's room. "Sister" Aegon said, but it had not been said with affection, and instead there was poison laced in his words.

Nyferia gave her a weak smile. "Congratulations on yet another pregnancy, Princess" Nyferia said, her smile and her words had been fake, but it seemed neither of them had noticed. "Thank you, Lady Nyferia" Rhaenyra said. "It's Princess" Aegon said not missing a beat. "My wife is not only a Princess of the Seven Kingdoms but also of Dorne" Aegon said looking at his older half-sister and his Uncle, her husband. Nyferia let one hand rest on her belly as she let her hand glide into Aegon's, weaving their fingers together. She had appreciated his words against his sister, but she knew he had to be careful not to alert suspicion.

"How long has he been sick?" Rhaenyra asked, looking from her father to her half-brother. "He had been sick for years now, but only in recent years has it gone worse, the Maesters do the best they can" Aegon said as he kept looking at his children, making sure they were alright. "Why were we not told?" Prince Daemon asked, sitting in a chair looking rather annoyed with everything. "You have been invited over the years to come to the Keep, it was your decision to not come" Nyferia said looking at Prince Daemon. "You cannot blame us for your lack of visitation to the King" she said before she walked to her children, putting a smile on her face as Eraella laid on Viserys' right side, as Maenar had pushed the chair closer to read about some sort of Dragon of Old Valyria.

"Such good children" Viserys said as Nyferia stood closer to her son, smiling at the sight. Daemon had seemed rather annoyed with Nyferia's words and left without another word. Rhaenyra watched her husband go and followed without another word. She knew Nyferia's words were true, her reluctance to wanting to be around the Hightowers had driven her away from Court and her own father as he laid sick in bed.

Aegon walked towards his father, filling his cup with water as he did. "Aegon, my boy" Viserys said, his hand reaching for his eldest son. "I'm here father" Aegon said as he accepted his hand. "Daemon" Viserys groaned. "Prince Daemon is here to hold petitions with Rhaenyra, father, for the Heir of Driftmark" Aegon said. "No" Viserys said, breathing heavily. "She should be happy, on Dragonstone" Viserys groaned. "Princess would soon return, to start her education as Heir" Aegon said and Viserys shook his head.

"No, it won't make her happy" Viserys said, groaning in pain as Nyferia quickly send the children away. Alicent and Otto walked in as she left with the children, Prince Aemond soon joining his family, wondering what the plan was with the petitions. "Give her Dragonstone, keep King's Landing" Viserys groaned as he held Aegon's hand, Aegon looked at the Hand before looking at his mother.

King Viserys had voiced to make Aegon his Heir, for the first time in 20 years, and all those in the room—except Aegon—had prayed to the Seven he would announce it to Westeros, officially.

☀︎☀︎☀︎

the plot will be changed slightly, the dance will be longer than a few years