𝐵𝐸𝐴𝑅𝑆

[EDITED 11 - 27 - 2023]

___ʕʔ___

From the place where he lost two to a water fall over mountains to a forest below a gray cloudy sky. Kenai kneeled down to a broken branch, that had some fur on it. He turned his head before running off and jumped off a edge of a small hill. Once on the ground Kenai scanned the landscape he looked down at his feet see bare prints in the ground.

As soon as twig snaps, Kenai got down into the bushes, he froze before exhaling, and moved along in the bushes. Kenai then got up slowly, however he would be disappointed when he saw a gray groundhog chattering and looking his way.

"Ha" Kenai said pointing his spear towards the animal, he got down once again and plucked a red berry.

Kenai looked back up slightly and around not seeing anything, then on its hind legs the same bear from earlier arose, sniffing and roared out slightly.

"Probably just a squirrel, looking for its long lost nuts."

The bear roared out again causing a sigh, "We'll find him don't worry."

Kenai raised a brow but stretched out his arm to grab his spear, but itched back noticing the bear sniffing. The bear stopped before getting onto its hind legs again and roared out.

Kenai heaved before lunging over to his spear yelling out and landing onto his feet ready to attack. But as he got up he only saw the bear running off.

Kenai followed in pursuit ready to finish what he came to do, he ran into a cloudy gray area to where he somewhat slid down a rocky hill, before ending up in a corner. He looked around before noticing the bear climb up a rocky slope, he smiled knowing his prey was close then followed the bear up in a different trail.

Little did Kenai know that his brother was following right behind him.

Kenai jumped from a pillar by of rocks and boulders and stood in front of the bear, which immediately turned back and squared with Kenai. It got on its hind legs, roaring out, and just before Kenai strikes a lunge, a object shot straight between the two causing both the bear and him to look back toward the direction, from the poilar Kenai once stood at.

"Get away from the bear!" A voice directed to Kenai.

"That one was a warning shot. Now step away from the bear" It demanded, a figure moved onto the platform Kenai and the bear was on.

Kenai continued to face the bear but looked behind him noticing the color of the figure.

"(Y/n)—" Kenai breathed out. "You're alive—"
She prepped another arrow aiming once more.

(Y/n) sighs, taking off her hood and set down her weapon as she walked towards him.

"I am... Kenai" she spoke softly, as she went on to grabbing his spear, "Killing the bear won't bring back Sitka, if I were gone... it wouldn't bring me back."

Kenai looked at her with slight tears but he blinked them away. "It took away Sitka- It almost took you too. I'm making sure it won't get another chance"

(Y/n) sighed agitated, "Taking this bear— It won't make you feel better about losing your brother, nor will it-"

"Make me a man?!" Kenai snapped yanking back the spear.

"Your just like Denahi" Kenai seethed as he turned back to the bear which was looking for a way down.

"Kenai, don't—" (Y/n) raised her voice alerting the bear to turn around.