The Power Of Madonna

Start from the beginning

"We just have to accept that guys don't care about our feelings," said Tina. "Like, the other day, I was walking with Artie and he said that I should ditch the vampire make-up and wear tighter clothes if we were going to be an item."

"He did not," Jayden gasped.

"He did," Tina nodded.

"That's gotta sting," said Rachel.

"Hey, guys," Mr. Schue said as he walked up to the group of girls. "I'm sorry to interrupt your little sorority, but I couldn't help but overhear. Are you really having that much boy trouble?"

"You wouldn't understand, Mr. Schue," Quinn spoke up. "You're a guy."

"Well, then maybe you should talk to someone else about it," the teacher said. "Like Ms. Pillsbury."

"I tried that," Rachel sighed as the bell rang loudly overhead.

Brittany and Santana linked their pinkies together, and the Latina linked her other one with Jayden's as they got up to leave. Again, Rachel watched confusedly, her head tilted slightly to the side.

"The fact is, women still earn 70 cents to every dollar that a man does for doing the same job," Quinn said as she walked up to Mr. Schue. "That attitude starts in high school."

****

Jayden sat on the bleachers in the gym with her algebra homework, not that she was even focusing on it since her attention was glued to the routine the Cheerios were practicing and the way their skirts moved with them.

She'd been doing a lot of thinking lately, and she decided that she hated the idea of putting a label on herself. But to tell herself that she was straight would be a lie, and to say she was a lesbian would be an overstatement.

She was attracted to both boys and girls, but if she had to choose between dating one or the other, she'd pick girl, but maybe that just had to do with her feelings for Santana and Brittany.

Ultimately when it came down to it, she didn't really care if who she dated was a boy or a girl. It was what was on the inside that mattered, right? Gender has nothing to do with it, and there's so much more to a person's gender than the sex they were born with.

She wasn't attracted to Brittany and Santana because of their looks or the fact that they were born with a vagina, but more because of their personalities and the way that they treated her.

Sure, she had a rocky start with Santana, but as she spent more time with her, she learned that she was just a huge softie who needed time to warm up to new people. She still had her moments where she could be a little mean, but Jayden knew that was just part of her personality and that she'd never intentionally try to hurt her feelings.

Then there was Brittany, who was the nicest, most caring person she had ever met in her entire life. She was always so sweet to her, and she always knew how to cheer her up if she was having a rough day.

Both Cheerios were protective of her, and Santana was willing to fight someone if it meant protecting Jayden, and that meant more to her than words could even begin to describe. It wasn't everyday that someone cared that much.

"Sloppy freakshow babies!" Sue yelled into her megaphone. "Somewhere in the English countryside in a stately manner home, Madonna is weeping. Hit the showers!"

Jayden brought her attention back to the math problems in front of her and began working through one. She had to make it look like she had at least tried to do her homework.

"Little Gup!" Santana called from the bottom of the bleachers. "Quit pretending you're doing your homework when I know damn well you were staring at my ass the whole time!"