"Do you believe the hope you can create won't be completely boring?" I asked.

"You did everything you could, but you still lost to Junko in the end. You're strong, but Mukuro is stronger. You have nowhere near as much influence as her, and the only pawns you had outside of your class are no longer on your side. All the reserve course students you manipulated into betraying Junko and slowing down her progress have turned on you. Juzo will likely lie about Junko's involvement in all this thanks to her blackmail, even though you offered him evidence against her. And now... the 77th class has fallen to despair." He knows this just as well as I do, but I'll still lay out all his setbacks in front of him.

"Even one of your closest partners during this, Nagito, has been driven to despair. Your class will likely be targeted next."

F/N... can you overcome the despair of your failures? Junko doesn't believe so, I'm sure of it, but I would like to see for myself.

You... are not a boring person, F/N. I'll admit that much. But let's see if you are able to show me what Hope is capable of.

"..." F/N didn't say anything in response to my words, but he pulled the trigger on his gun, and several shots rang out. He kept shooting until every camera and screen was disposed of.

It was just us two now. F/N must not want Junko and the rest of the 77th class to hear what he's about to say.

"It's just the two of us now... F/N must not want Junko and the rest of the 77th class to hear what he's going to say next.... Isn't that what you're thinking?" F/N dropped the gun and reached into his coat. He pulled his scarf out and wrapped it around Chiaki's body.

It's pointless, F/N. No matter how warm your sister's scarf may be to you, a simple strip of fabric will not revive her. All you've done is stain it with her blood.

F/N then stood up, still holding Chiaki in his arms. He turned around to finally face me. His face was pale, likely from all the blood he's lost. It is not ordinary for anyone to be still able to move around with an injury like that. He has a wound on his head from one of the reserve course students as well. His endurance is far greater than I originally anticipated.

"Izuru... what I want now is to destroy Junko Enoshima and everything related to her." F/N tells me.

"And that's why... I won't stop until she dies. I won't stop getting in her way until I win. This moment is proof of that... proof of my hope." He held Chiaki close to him, and brought my attention to her.

That's... when I noticed it.

Chiaki Nanami's chest... it was ever so slightly rising in falling. She was breathing. Despite what happened... She survived.

Chiaki Nanami is still alive.

"This is..." What is going on? Even after he seemingly failed at everything... F/N managed to defeat Junko in this way. Her despair hasn't truly won, since Chiaki is alive.

"I won't allow Junko Enoshima to do as she pleases. Even if I have to claw my way through every one of her pawns to get to her, I will." F/N declares. "Izuru, come with me, we're leaving this campus, it's not safe. Junko can't know about her existence until I can properly hide Chiaki away." F/N began to walk, I followed after him. He was forcing his body to stay upright to not drop Chiaki.

"She's alive now, but if she doesn't get medical attention soon, she will die." F/N reminds me. I knew this, and I know where he's going with this.

"You've realized it, Izuru. You're going to make use of your talents to keep Chiaki alive." F/N tells me. "If you don't, I won't let you off easily."

"You attempted to fight me before, and you lost that fight. Do you have anything now that will change the outcome?"

"I wonder?" He's playing dumb. Doesn't matter though, I already have the answer to my own question.

"Anyways... I've already anticipated what Junko plans to do with my own class." F/N spoke up.

I remained silent, waiting for F/N to tell me what he was thinking. I had a feeling I knew.

"Just like with the student council... Junko plans to create another killing game, I'm sure of it. My reasoning is that since she's spent time with everyone in our, it would bring despair to have her classmates kill each other. Especially if I'm there. She'll try everything in her power to bring me to Despair." F/N explains.

His logic is reasonable. I've also concluded that this would likely be her next major plan.

"Well, I have an idea of how to deal with that, as risky as it is. So for now, focus on helping Chiaki. You owe her as much for forgetting all about her... Hajime." F/N looked me in the eyes as he spoke.

Hajime Hinata... that's who he was referring to me as.

...

You've made me curious, F/N.

What will win between hope and despair this time? I now don't know the answer to that.

Well, I'll leave it to you to give an answer eventually. For you, F/N, I'll wait.

I'll wait to see you make good on your promise...