• a day in the life of two dumbasses

Start from the beginning

"No, it's clearly you two that are the reason why everyone's staring at us." Senku added with a dead voice, annoyance slightly audible from his tone.

"Since when did you start caring about others, boss man!!"

"I told you ten billion times, stop calling me that!!"

"But-But you're boss man!! The only boss man!!"

"I wish I had actually killed you with my scooter that day..."

Yuzuriha did not understand a single thing you guys were hinting towards, and hearing the last sentence Ishigami-kun uttered, she didn't want to either.

"So... Taiju-kun mentioned you're a scientist and you're making a rocket..." The brunette began small talk, hoping that talking to the only sane person present other than herself would help with the embarrassment.

But after she saw the absolute horror on your and Taiju's face, she was beginning to wonder if she made the right choice...

Senku's eyes sparkled brighter than any supernova to ever take place. An excited grin replaced his scowl and he shoved his phone back in his pockets so he could use both his hands to flail them around and add the visual effects, "Kukuku!! You're interested in space and rockets too?! That's great, I'll tell you all about it then!!"

She finally understood why you and Taiju looked so horrified when she asked such an icebreaker question.

Senku had set off, going in full details to explain how and why his rocket worked. He even started spitting out the goddamn calculations!! Why does she need to know that?!

Now she had finally understood...

She was the only sane one in this rag-tag group of four. And it was going stay that way for thousands of years to come, literally...

—————

Fast forwarding to the present, Senku stood in his lab. His eyes trained on the machine resting in front of him, yet not even one millimeter worth of interest swirled in his eyes like usual. It was as if he expected something more interesting to show up.

Lo and behold! Speak of the devil and he shall appear!

Taiju had just burst into the Science Club with a rather dramatic flare, enough to fire up the engines in Senku's head. He was tired of calculating the moment that big oaf would burst over here. All that's left is your annoying self and Yuzuriha and they'll be complete with their weird quartet.

"Senku!!" Taiju's voice boomed in the entire room, echoing from every nook and cranny of the place. The said boy hummed with an uninterested expression painted on his face while Taiju continued, "I've decided that today's the day I'll be confessing to Yuzuriha!!"

"That so? Well, good for you, huh? Sounds like you've got your day planned out for you..." The scientist muttered with little to no interest in whatever his friend was spewing out.

"Yeah! You'll cheer me on, right?!"

"Of course I will! I'll cheer so hard I'm pretty sure my vocal cords will snap and I'll be mute for the rest of my life! But oh well, at least you'll know that you have all my support!!" The fake enthusiasm didn't last long as Senku quickly shot him down, "Like hell I will!! I'm not gonna give you one millimeter of cheering, you stupid big oaf!!"

"What?! First you say you will, then you say you won't?! Make up your mind already, man!" Oh poor Taiju... The rest of the members of the club could only watch in what they felt was sympathy.

Getting roasted by your friend, minutes before you'll be rejected by a cute girl... How cruel, in their opinion.

"More importantly, isn't this the same shit you've been telling me and that mountain gorilla for the past five years?! You're insanely illogical!" As he said those words, he bent down to get a flask, "-but since I'm the only one who has a working brain in here, I'll give you something so logical it'll blow you off your feet!!"