Their father had already agreed to hand over the family business to either of his children, Yumi would love to take that mantle for herself but that diner has too many memories. If she wants to start anew she must put the past behind her.

Soma on the other hand is too busy sulking about his second placement just behind Nakiri Erina to notice. Yumi watches with mild sympathy, every time she catches her brother staring into space.

"Soma made his decision already." Yumi stuffed the last of the clothes into the suitcase and shut it tightly. The note her brother left behind two months ago in her skirt pocket suddenly became heavy.

"That doesn't mean you have to make such one as well." Yuki tries to reason with her friend but Yumi shakes her head once more.

"No, this is what I want."

Yuki lowered her gaze, and her eyes landed on the pile of towels neatly folded on her lap, ready to be packed into the suitcase. Although upset, she respects Yumi's decision.

"But that damn brother of yours, I can't believe him." Yuki chuckles trying to switch up the mood. "How can he just leave without saying anything?"

Yumi flinched at her words and laughed guiltily. "At least he left a note."

*********

"Congratulations!"

The whole dorm along with a couple of honorary members joined in and exploded in cheers and applause, the dining table riddled with food, streamers left from party poppers littered the floor and a giant banner hung above with large letterings. 'Congratulations on Second Place in BLUE, Soma.'

Yumi was smiling and clapping like the rest of her dorm mates when she noticed the banner wasn't asymmetrical on purpose. The banner was plain as if bought last second in some random craft store, all the corners were decorated with crude drawings of flowers, except for the bottom right corner of the banner where there was a strange smudge of paint.

'Congratulations on Top Five Yumi.'

Yumi raised an eyebrow, turning to the person next to her, locked onto those beautiful cyan blue eyes as they met her golden hues. "Was that really necessary?"

He shrugs amusingly, "I didn't make the banner."

Yumi then turned towards the second culprit. Yuki immediately averted her eyes, suddenly very interested in the conversations on the other side of the table over what is the best way to season lamb.

"I don't know why you guys bother," Yumi sighs again. "I mean I threw the competition so I shouldn't even have a placement."

"Yes, but making it to the semi-finals is still something." Alice chimes into the conversation. "I'm still waiting for the day Erina gets knocked down from her pedestal" She raises her fist and boldly declares pointing her finger at her cousin. "I don't care who but it must be someone from our generation or me, otherwise it doesn't count."

"I look forward to it," Erina replies, happily accepting the challenge.

"Wait a second," Yuki asks, tilting her head. "Have Yumi and Nakiri ever competed in a shokugeki before?"

"Now that you mention it..." Erina said thoughtfully.

"I would like to take this time, as this year's BLUE Top Five chef, to officially announce my retirement." Yumi quickly raised her hands and loudly announced to her peers.

"Oh come on, don't be like that." Yuki pouts.

"I don't mind engaging in a friendly match," Erina said.