𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐍𝐄: ꜰʟɪᴘ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏɪɴ

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

"Hurry up!" Seoho shouted to his best friend as he bolted down the dimly lit street. The road was bumpy with only two or three streetlights leading the way to the end of it. There were only five small cars parked on the driveways of some of the houses. For a street with over ten houses on each side, it was confusing as to why there weren't many cars. However, Seoho didn't care enough to pay attention while he continued to sprint down the street, yelling on the top of his lungs.

Children ran around as well, going door to door. "Lee Seoho!" Yoonsu complained. "Hey! Slow down!" The twenty year old man shouted at his mischievous friend.

Seoho swerved, dodging children left and right. This was the first Halloween Korea's had in years ever since the incident. It would be a shame if Seoho made a scene or jinxed it all. Yoonsu sighed, coming to a halt. His breath was heavy from chasing after his reckless friend. It was understandable to him, however, that Seoho wasn't used to this freedom after graduating high school.

Lee Seoho had always been a very superstitious person. He'd tell Yoonsu, as well as the other people in their friend circle, many stories and urban legends of phone numbers that call you to tell you your death date, and cursed spirits that target the unsuspecting . He would mention how he wanted to encounter them all, crossing them off of his list as he did so. To Seoho, October 31st was the perfect day for him to finally cross one of the urban legends off the list.

Eventually, Yoonsu lost his friend in the crowd of people. Giving up, he whipped out his phone from his pocket. He scrolled for a second before finding his friend's contact as usual on the top of the list in his phone. Yoonsu clicked it, the sound of the phone ringing erupted in a muffled manner. It didn't take long for Seoho to pick up.

"Where are you!?" Yoonsu shouted at his friend, furious at being left behind.

Instead of shouting back the way he usually did, Seoho seemed quieter. It was almost as if he was... crying. A loud sniffle came from the phone before Seoho's staticky voice broke out in a despairing, pleading tone.

"P-Please! No! D-Don't h-hurt them! I'm begging you!" Seoho's voice begged from the other side of the phone. Yoonsu's eyes were wide in shock. A low rumbling sound followed Seoho's distressed prayer to whoever had been causing him this sudden distraught.

"What is that rumbling sound?" Yoonsu thought to himself, trying to draw a conclusion. The grumbling stopped, and Seoho's voice spoke up once more, leaving Yoonsu shocked by his words.

"F-Flip a c-coin....?" The scared young man stuttered with disbelief. Yoonsu gasped, standing frozen with the phone held closely to his ear.

"I-It can't be..." He thought to himself again. "He's done it.... He found the urban legend..."

An audible gulp came from Seoho's side of the call, later the sound of a coin hitting a hard surface trailed behind. The scared young man's face turned pale as his eyes went from the coin, slowly making their eyes look at the face of the creature that stood there. The black silhouette. He shook in fear as he cried, defending himself.

"N-No please! I-I don't want to d-die!"

The sound of a deep chuckle filled the staticky silence. Then the call cut off.

A panicked Yoonsu moved his phone away from his ear. A loud, murderous scream filled the atmosphere. The children on the streets and their parents began to run around screaming, seeking shelter to hide in their houses.

Without a moment of hesitation, Yoonsu ran in the direction of the scream. His feet moved quicker down the street with every step, then making a sharp turn at the end of the street. Once he got to the location, his jaw dropped. Instinctively, he put his hands over his mouth in shock. Nothing was left except for blood stains on the pavement. The crimson red color practically painted the sidewalk like chalk drawing on the blacktop outside of an Elementary school.