Chapter 4

Your eyes became glassy as you finished the email. It felt almost ridiculous to have this problem now, but it would've happened anyway. Eliz was clingy, even if you loved her very much, she tended to dislike change. You closed your laptop, deciding not to send the email yet. Lying back onto your bed, you sighed heavily. It wasn't an easy decision to come to LA, you'd thought about it for a year beforehand. And yet Eliz was wanting for you to come back. Missouri was wonderful, and you liked it there, but that didn't mean that you didn't love it here. In Missouri, you were a different person. In LA, you could begin a new chapter of your life. You sat mulling this over and contemplating, then glanced over at the time. It was already late, so you put aside your laptop to revisit Eliz's email later and cleaned up and gathered what you'd need tomorrow. You decided in the morning you'd look over the email you wrote and revise it. A good night's sleep was the best thing you could think of to make a clear decision.

Groggy and fairly cranky, you awoke to the bright morning sun. Rubbing your tired eyes, you forced yourself out of bed and to your computer. Opening it, the email stared back at you, demanding yet tired. The email wasn't directed to Eliz, it was seemingly addressed to you. You had apparently wrote out every thought that came to your head, but you had sleepily come to the conclusion to go. An alarm blared in your head and you deleted the email. Quickly and hastily, you rewrote an email to Eliz, saying you'd stay in LA and sent it. You almost laughed at how delirious you were, but it scared you that you could've sent it. Shaking your head, you decided to get your mind off the matter. You dressed in your professional outfit to go to the Daily Enquirer, and tried to regain your confidence about your new life. Eliz had definitely thrown you off, but you were sure of what you wanted. Opening the door, you were flustered to see Mark walking out as well. Your face must have gone bright red, you could feel the fire behind your cheeks. Mark laughed. "Huh, seems we have similar schedules. Where are you heading to?"
Screaming to yourself to answer without stuttering, you quietly said "The Daily Enquirer place." 

"I can take you, if you'd like," Mark responded, "You can set an interview and after we'll do the tour. Of course, if that's alright with you." 

You could almost feel the happiness rush into your head, and you stuttered "Y-Yeah, that sounds good." But you didn't care that you had embarrassed yourself. All you cared about was being with Mark. You simply couldn't have left.

_______________________________________
*********AUTHOR'S NOTE***********

I finished the chapter! Sorry for the wait again. I must get better at updating. Hope it's good.

I got a lot of feedback, and I'm very glad you guys like it so far! I saw a couple requesting I write a chapter from Mark's POV? Would you like that? I'm open to anything. Thank you for being so patient, and I hope you like this chapter!