Part 6 (End)

My eyes flew opened. They hurt as the bright light blinded them. Where was I? This white room felt so foreign. Definitely not in your room. My subconscious said. Dozens of question marks popped in my mind. Why was I here? Who brought me here? And what was this wire attached to me?

Then, it struck me like a lightning. The sounds of tire screeched and loud horn. Flashes of a red car moving towards me. Wayne's call. Brianne. She was dying. I needed to be with her. I don't how long I waste my time here. Hopefully, she was still alive.

Immediately, I forced my body to get up despite the terrible headache. Every muscle in my body refused to let me move but I don't care. I willed myself to raise my upper body. Now that half of my body was up, I tried to move my legs. But, I can't. I couldn't even feel them. Panic, I tried again.

"What is wrong with me?" my voice came out low. "Somebody help me!" I yelled.

An Asian doctor and a nurse rushed in. They saw the confusion on my face. Wayne came out from behind them. Wearing the same clothes since I last saw him, I saw the exhaustion in his face. He looked at me in sadness and sorrow.

"Wayne, help me get up. I need to see Brianne," I pleaded. Struggling, I still couldn't feel my leg.

"Miss Belle, don't move too much. You are recovering from a car accident. Your body is still weak," the doctor said with a concern voice as he and the nurse neared me.

"I don't care about myself. Brianne needs me! Wayne, help me or I walk myself!" I grabbed the thin blanket and pushed it aside.

"Belle, no!" Wayne shouted as he rushed to my side.

I ignored him.

My eyes landed on my knees that were wrapped in white bandages. Just that. No legs, no foot, no toes. My legs were gone! I was stunt. My heart stopped functioning. Realization hit me. I lost my legs?

"No!!!" my voice was high pitched.

"Belle, Sshh. Calm down. Everything is going to be okay," Wayne pulled me into his arms. My head rested on his chest. Crying, I kept on refusing the fact that I have lost my legs.

"No! This can't be happening. I still have my legs. This is just a nightmare. I just need to wake up from this terrible nightmare. Wayne, please tell me this is just a nightmare!" I sobbed.

"It's okay, Belle. I'm here. I won't leave you," Wayne tried to calm me down. But sorry, it's not working.

"My legs are gone..."

"Just stay strong. You can do to this."

Strong? I don't think I have any strength left. This all was too much. I couldn't handle this. Can I just die?

*****

That night was the worst night of my life. I have lost both of my legs because of the accident. According to the doctor, the collision was strong when the car hit me. I couldn't blame the driver. It wasn't his or her fault. I ran into the car. Not technically, but I supposed to make sure the road was clear before crossing. That was the simplest road rules that I forgotten when I found out Brianne was dying.

Brianne. Her name rang in my mind. After my broke down, Wayne told me the news of Brianne's death to me. Her heart stopped beating a few minutes after Wayne's call and the doctor couldn't do anything else.

The pain, of course, hurt me like hell. I had just found out that I my best friend was my sister. I lost her even before I could call her "sister". "I hate you." Those were the last words I said to her. If I could turn back just one time, I would change that. Not forgetting my jealousy towards her. Little did I knew those jealousy would turn into hatred. Why am I so mean? I should have been supportive and proud of her.

I tried to remember every happy moment I have with Brianne. How we meet at the school playground. She asked whether I want to be her friend. I replied with a nod and that was the beginning of our friendship. I remembered when we first attend our ballet class. We made a promise that together we would become famous ballerina and travel around the world, performing in every country. But, this happened.

Why did God do this to me? Why? I wished I could die. Forget about being the famous ballerina. Forget about all the tutus I wanted to wear. For they are worthless because I have lost Brianne and my legs.

****

"Baby, what are you thinking?" my husband's voice interrupted my thoughts. Bending down, he kissed me at my cheek. He was carrying little Brianne who was playing with her daddy's hair.

"Nothing. Just how lucky I am to have you two in my life," I smiled at him.

Wayne proposed me five months after Brianne's death. At first, I thought he did it for pity. But, he proved to me that his attention and love was pure. "Brianne would have want this," he said when he proposed.

The wedding ceremony was wonderful. We got married at an old church outside of London followed by a wedding reception at the beach. Only close friends and family were invited. I forgive my parents for what they did. True, what they did cost me a life of lies. But, they were my parents and Brianne wouldn't want me to hate them because of her. Thankfully, Wayne's parents accepted me the way I was. They welcomed me with an open heart. During the wedding ceremony, Wayne surprised me with Giselle show by a famous ballerina which was amazing. How thoughtful of him, right? It was indeed the happiest day of my life.

Oh, I nearly forgot, there was another one. A year after our marriage, I gave birth to an adorable baby girl. The doctors and nurses thought I could not make it but thank God, everything went well. Wayne was a bit emotional that day. I could not help but laugh because it was the first time I saw him cried. He never shed a tear even during Brianne's funeral. We named our daughter after my sister, Brianne Isabelle Wayne.

Not long after little Brianne's birth, we moved to a breath-taking country house which was our home now. Wayne has quite a fortune for he worked as an entrepreneur. Of course, I didn't like him because of his fortune. He was sweet, caring, faithful and everything any girl could asked for. I was definitely lucky that he took me as his wife.

I gazed up at the view as the sun sank behind the mountains. It was simply stunning. Wayne sat down beside me and pulled me and Brianne into his arms.

"It's quite a view." I said.

"Yes, it is. And I am sure that there will be millions of great things coming for us," he replied and hugged us tight.

I smiled. This was my happily ever after.

The End!

Vote and Comment!!!