Divine Regrets

The ride home was a quiet one. Nico hadn't smoked a single cigar or had taken a chance to poke fun at him. The roads of the highway were much smoother then they had been when they were driving through the forest and Nero's wounds had healed quickly. Sure he was still tried after getting his ass handed to him but at least he had the chance to be scolded by Kyrie once she saw him for being so reckless. Had the long haired teenager in the back of the van not shown up, Kyrie wouldn't even get the chance.

He spun his seat around and took a look at his mysterious saviour and pondered how he possessed such power in the first place. He could simply feel it in his bones that the teenager was human. Not a hint of demonic power surrounded him and yet the emerged as a naked giant that could create crystal pillars from out of nowhere and could smack around demons like they were punching bags.

Of course he had seen Nightmare do his fare share of clobbering demons around but this kid fought with technique rather then just throwing the power in its hands around. Without a doubt Nero knew that this teenager could rival him in terms of power, hell maybe he had even surpassed him but he wasn't just going to come to conclusions just yet.

"So what do you plan on telling Kyrie about this? Don't you two have enough orphans to be taking care of already?" Nico finally broke the silence. "We do but I'm not going to leave someone who saved my ass sleep in a demon infested forest. Especially someone who saved my life. It's called being in someone's debt Nico. Doesn't matter  who it is, good deeds are rewarded in return with good deeds"

Nico blew some of her hair out of her face as she turned the steering wheel to the right a small bit as they drove across the side of a cliff. A much more dangerous route to Fortuna but much faster and with Nico's luck when it came to driving, Nero decided it was best to trust his work partner's judgment rather then risking bad luck.

"They teach you that in Sparda school or something?" The woman teased. "It's hard to get the Orders teachings out of my head when they've been there all my life...and we'll there was some truth to some of their teachings" Nero thought back on how he would always struggle in tests when it came to learning about the the Saviour when he was young. Always so eager to please those around him that he wasn't just some kid who was the result of an outsiders and one of Fortuna's residents having a one night stand.

Nero stood up from his seat and walked over to the customized Jukebox and pressed a few buttons on the machine and waited a few seconds for the soft music that usually kept him calm had entered through the vans speakers and let the soft sound of music wash away the bad memories  of his younger years with its melody. Of course the songs songstress was Kyrie as she was his medicine for everything. Especially when it came to music.

While he wants too particularly a big fan of the genre, it definitely was something he would listen to again. He turned his head over to the stranger sleeping peacefully in the vans makeshift bed. The scars underneath his eyes weirdly enough seemed to line up with one another in orderly fashion. Something Nero definitely hadn't thought was possible though then again, he didn't think that he would regrow an arm back yet it grew back up on his way to stop his Uncle and Father from killing each other. Who was he to decide what was weird and what wasn't.

As he was about to walk back to his seat, he found himself no longer inside the Devil May Cry Van and instead, underneath the night sky and surrounded by sand for miles and in the far distance was one of the most beautiful sights he had ever had ever seen when it came to scenery. Nothing would ever be more beautiful then Kyrie.

It was a large beam of light in the distance that stood in the shape of a tree that reached the sky and while it was indeed beautiful, at the bottom of the tree stood a kid. A child that couldn't be older then Nine or Ten, staring at him. He tried to speak and ask where exactly he was but nothing came out from his mouth but silence. He decided that his next move was to approach the child to search for answers or whatever the child could provide him however Nero found himself back inside the van but this time surrounded not by silence but by screaming.