*|| 008

The next morning I had woke up to the sounds of my mother sobbing and screaming, I couldn't help but jump up and run from my hit seeing the Metkayina people surrounded in the ocean..

"What is this??? Tonowari... WHAT IS THIS?!"

She screamed, her cried for her spirit sister had gotten to Neteyam's mother as if she knew all too well the feeling..

Neteyam the look of worry written all over his face I rushed to to him.

"Neteyam...Neteyam!"

He had not heard me the first time so I yelled a bit louder he quickly turned his head to me, with  strange device in his hand..

"What's happening? What is that?"

"The sky people have come.. y/n.. I'm so sorry."

My heart dropped, I looked around seeing my brother who was prepared to go to war for our mother who was mourning the lost of her sister

Tsireya, who was utterly terrified and rightfully so.. we could not go to war not now especially with my mother's pregnancy and all.. I feared the worse was to come.

Tears started to form not from fear but more worry.

"Neteyam.. we can not go to war we just cannot.."

He sighed softly as he nodded his head.. he walked away and went to his father they traded words back and forth when suddenly his father took the device from his hands.

"You tell the Tulkun that if they are hit by this they are marked by death!! Please tell them to leave!! And go into hiding until the sky people leave!"

Father tried to argue with this decision but he wanted to do right by his people she he ordered that everyone do so immediately and return back.

People rushed into the water with their ilus and swam away to warn their brothers and sisters..

Lo'ak running the opposite way Neteyam ran after him, my mind not in the right place I had to follow him to make sure he was alright..

"Where are you going?"

Neteyam yelled to his little brother while he quickly had thrown his saddle on to his Ilu.

"I have to warn Payakan!"

He stopped his brother.

"No, you have to keep your skxawng ass here."

Lo'ak snatched his body away from his brother and refused.

"No, he's an outcast there is no one to warn him.

"Baby bro why must you make thing so difficult?"

Neteyam stopped the boy again worried he was going to get himself hurt or worse.

"No you mean why can't I be the perfect son like you.. well I'm not you! He's my brother... and I'm going to warn him."

Lo'ak began to storm off, Neteyam stopped him he looked pretty upset as he approached his baby brother at bit more intense look..

"Oh he's your brother? No IM your brother."

Lo'ak didn't say a word he dived off into the water and road off on his Ilu, Neteyam groaned at his brothers stubbornness he quickly got onto his Ilu and chased after his brother.

"Neteyam!"

I yelled as I dived into the water quickly calling my Ilu, she came in and swooped me up as I quickly road off to Neteyam.

"No, y/n I can't let you follow me here.. it might be dangerous."

"Exactly why I cannot let you go alone."

I snapped back, my heart was set on this, I refused to let him go alone.

"Y/n.."

"I ride!!!"

(Like mother like daughter. 😙)

I snapped back, he sighed and gave in.. as Tsireya, Neteyam and I chased after him he passed Kiri and Tuk who were taking a peaceful stroll

"Lo'ak!"

Tuk called but he simply ignored her as he continued beyond the reef.

"He's going after Payakan we have to stop him!!"

Neteyam yelled to Kiri she followed her brother.. we all begged for him to stop and turn around but it was too late.. soon we approach Payakan, Lo'ak gasped at the sight..

One of those devices Neteyam held earlier was launched into Payakan's skin.  Lo'ak tried to pull it himself unsuccessfully.

"Guys!! Help he has a tracker!! Please!!"

He begged desperation in his voice we all decided to help, as he pulled and tugged it did not budge at all..

Neteyam threw a rope to his brother and he tied it around the tracker, I looked back as my worse fear had came a reality... sky people.. 

"They're coming!!"

I yelled..

"On 3!!"

Neteyam yelled, everyone had gotten into their possession..

"1"

"2"

"3"

Neteyam swam with as much force as possible as some pushed the others pulled and finally the tracker came out.

I fell into the water, when little pieces of  metal bird broke off into the water.

"Submarines!"

Lo'ak quickly signed, I swam as fast as I could but one of the submarines had lights on.. fairly approaching me. Fear and doubt crept into my mind as I continued to swim..

Neteyam quickly swooped in on his Ilu and grabbed my hand and swam off, I held to him tightly. He placed his hand tightly on to my thigh as he swam off quickly.

(Ahh yes, the infamous sully thigh move.🤭)

We eventually gotten off the Ilu, and everyone hid into giant Lilly pods, as the mini submarines gladded across the water.

After they retreated everyone who was under water came to the surface.. I seen Lo'ak, kiri Tuk, and Tsireya in the air, my sister and Tuk was caught in a net, while Lo'ak was cutting at it trying to set them free.. unsuccessfully he, Tuk, Kiri, and Tsireya had all gotten captured..

What are we going to do now?
...

~🌊~

Author's Note:
Sooo do we want an angst ending or a happy ending?

Remember to vote, comment, and follow!!  Love you guys!!