"Oi, what the hell did he do?"

Kreeg was confused, and threw the question at Dante.

"Hey, what the hell did he do?! Big bro, you're a good person, so I know you wouldn't hurt anything unless it was justified! You're my hero, you've always done your best to protect me, so whatever the truth is... I'll forgive you."

The absolute worst words he could have said.

Because in truth, Thomas didn't want forgiveness.

At the very core of the despicable trash that Thomas viewed himself as, only hatred for his very being, or rather, what he did, existed.

"Hmph. Well, I wonder just how far that forgiveness can go."

Thomas felt the unavoidable coming, and tried to brace his heart.

However, the truth was so painful that no amount of bracing his heart could stop the pain.

Thomas' tears went out in one final burst, flowing from his face and onto the carpet.

He cried, for the very last time.

"In truth, the root of your memory loss is because back on earth, your brother killed you."

David's eyes widened, and he looked over at his brother, seeing the tears from his eyes, and the reaction, he couldn't help but believe Dante.

"Tell me, can you forgive that?"

"I-I don't know... H-how did he kill me? W-was it an accident?"

Dante smiled, and explained.

"Nope, not in the slightest. The truth is, he smothered you to death with a pillow, while you were unable to fight back."

Thomas clenched his fist, but by now, it was too late.

Softening his grip, he finally broke.

"Thomas...? Is that true?"

Thomas didn't respond.

He had already made up his mind.

"Leave the castle without me. Please... just go."

David took that as a sign that the wolf was telling the truth.

David was let go of by the guards, and slowly stood up, tears streaming down his face as he watched Thomas suffer.

"Thomas... are we even... brothers?"

"Yes."

That much was true, at least.

Thomas' eyes were cold, as death loomed over him.

David slowly left the castle, looking back at his brother with the rest of his party, and they went back to the guild.

Reaching the guild once more, David walked to the table where he had drank with his party before, and rested his elbows on the table, clutching his head with both hands.

He had been smothered with a pillow while he was unable to fight back, all done by the brother who had sacrificed himself to save him many times.

Well, even if he had done so, that wasn't the man his brother was now.

His brother wanted what was best for him now, so even if at one point in time, he had committed an evil action, David could still forgive his brother.

Making his mind up to forgive his brother the next time he saw him, David drank some alcohol.

Drinking it felt different, now that his brother wasn't there to scold him, or hug him tightly.

"Hey, um, are you alright, David?"