The First Mission

—Sorry guys, sorry David, I've made up my mind.

Thomas walked over to the party he and his brother were supposed to join.

It had 3 people already, with an orc, an elf, and an oni.

Seeing the orc, Thomas thought to do the only thing he could think of to establish a good relationship with an orc.

"Hey. So, uh, I'm assuming you're hung pretty well, huh?"

The orc was confused, and looked at Thomas with a look of bewilderment.

"Huh?"

Seeing his initial strategy didn't work, Thomas tried again.

"Uh, you must be quite well endowed, right?"

Hearing those words, the elf and oni almost spat out their drinks.

The elf began to cry laughing, and the orc gave her a weird look, turning his gaze back to Thomas.

"Endowed? What does that mean?"

Thomas was surprised, and awkwardly mumbled his way through his next sentence.

"Y-y'know, like, uh... you have a horse, or something, right?"

"Hm? I've never owned a horse in my life. I use my feet to get places."

Thomas was utterly defeated, and sat down in a chair, sinking his face into his hands.

"Oh my... I'm so, so sorry..."

"Huh? Whatcha apologizing for? And what's so funny, you two?"

The oni and elf were laughing to the point of hitting the table while they drank their beer.

"Haha! Oi, Kreeg, he's saying you have a-"

"Shh! Don't tell him, don't tell him, haha!"

The orc was seriously confused, and Thomas took it upon himself to tell him what he meant.

He got close to his ear, and whispered what he was trying to say into Kreeg's ear.

Kreeg blushed, and quickly moved away.

"W-w-who even says that on your first meeting?!"

"I'm sorry! I'm not the best with social stuff, please forgive me! I'm so sorry!"

Kreeg turned towards the elf, and lightly punched her shoulder, holding back to the point of not injuring her.

"Sophie, how could you just leave me like that?! I thought we were party members!"

"Hehehaha! Sorry, it was just too funny to interrupt!"

The elf named Sophie continued to cry with laughter, as she hit the table.

Eventually, the party calmed down, and the oni told them to give actual introductions.

"H-hello, uh, I'm Thomas, and this is, erm, my brother, David! Uh, we came here cause we're broke, and need money. Um, yeah."

"I'm David, and I am Thomas' brother. I have anti magic, and he has healing."

"Ooh, healing magic. That will be quite useful."

The oni spoke up.

She wore a red dress, and had red hair.

"U-uh, I think the orc is Kreeg, and the elf is Sophie, so, um, who are you?"

"I am Alkaline, an oni. Although, if we are in combat, or any other scenario where saving time by shortening my name is useful, feel free to call me Aline."