"Take care of the little ones, please." They both headed towards the kids' room, Naveen placing short kisses on his kids' foreheads, saying goodbye to them.

Not knowing that he was saying goodbye to them for the first and last time.

"And what are you going to do?" he asked, but the elder didn't answer, just looked at the sleeping children and sighed. "Naveen. What are you going to do, don't forget that your childrens need a father."

"But they need a mother more." In a hushed voice he replied as soon as emotions were on the verge. "I'm going to do what's right. I'm going to get Ophelia back. I can't let her get lost in the dark power."

"And what am I supposed to do besides look after the children?" Obi-Wan frowned. Naveen only scanned the room with his eyes.

"Take care of the castle, Asher in particular, the little one likes to get up at night and steal a lightsaber, and Mae with him. Don't worry about Andrea," he explained, gesticulating with his hands, "she's pretty calm until you refuse her hugs."

"So that's it?" he followed Naveen, who reached for his robe and covered himself with it, pulling the hood over his head. He reached for his lightsaber, but it was gone. "You're leaving me with these devils, and what exactly are you looking for?"

The next words died in his mouth as he saw little Mae running towards her room with hers father lightsaber. "Mae, damn it." Naveen growled, quickly followed his daughter and with a nimble move threw her on his hands, then taking the lightsaber from her small hands.

"Why don't you sleep?" he asked, the hood slipping off his head, little Mae smiling and running her fingertips over his barely perceptible stubble.

"You woke me up... Where's mommy?" she scanned the room with sleepy eyes, sadness settling on her face as soon as Ophelia was out of sight.

"Oh sorry baby. Uncle Obi is sorry too." answered for both, Obi merely smiled wryly as he looked at his niece. "I'm just going to pick up your mum, I'll be right back. For now, you'll stay with your uncle, just don't wake up your siblings. Okay?"

Mae nodded with a small smile, then rubbed her tired eyes. The father kissed his daughter's forehead, then sighed heavily and exchanged glances with his brother-in-law. The girl extended her arms towards her uncle, who quickly took the five-year-old into his arms.

"Daddy, I love you," Mae mumbled, as soon as her father headed for the door, Naveen turned his head in her direction and with a small smile replied the same.

"I love you too, Mae"

Naveen left the palace immediately after, praying that his flying abilities would come in handy for this task. He quickly pressed the appropriate buttons, started the engine and took off, flying straight into galactic space. Crossing the zones, he headed towards Mustafar.

꒰ 🪐 ꒱

"Brave," Palpatine uttered aloud as Ophelia slid the handle of her lightsaber into the sheath hidden under her cloak.

Not looking at her new mentor, she merely pressed her lips together, banishing the sight of dead bodies. Immediately after, she turned her face to the older man and, looking at him, asked directly.

"Why did you care so much about helping me?" Ophelia tried to sound brave as she lifted her chin to face Palpatine's year-old eyes.