chapter ten. slit your throat

Start from the beginning

"You make it a part of you and yourself apart of it. See it knows it belongs with you. The light will never dim." Jace explains.

"How does it know? I'm not a shadowhunter." Hope frowns as she looks over her shoulder at Jace who stands on behind her.

"Because you're powerful. Power calls to power." Jace says letting go of Hope's hand before picking up hia sword.

"You understand?" Jace asks. Hope nods. "A little." She admits.

"It's not something you know in your head it's something in your heart and body." Jace smiles, looking at the blonde.

"It's in your blood." he adds before walking to the grave.

"You and Alec seem upset at each other. How do you know he'll come back?" Hope asks looking at Jace.

"Because he's my family and Clary is your best friend. I trust Alec as much as you trust Clary." Jace admits.

"I don't think Alec is my biggest fan." Hope admits looking at Jace.

"I'm not your biggest fan either but I'm here because I know that you love Simon and if I don't help you, there will be hell to pay." Jace explains with a laugh, before walking away as Hope follows.

"Where are we going?" She asks when she realises that Clary and Alec took the van so wherever they're going, they're gonna have to walk.

"Just come on," he ignores her from there on further until they eventually pull up at their destination.

"You wanna kill time at a biker bar? I mean, I love biker bars as much as the next girl but now? Really?" Hope asks when the two walk up to a bike bar.

"Yeah. We can't move on the vamps until sunrise. Plus there's something I need in here." Jace explains.

"What? A drink?" Hope asks.

"I don't drink on the job." Jace explains.

"We have to get Simon not hang out with a bunch of posers who've probably never been on a motorcycle." Hope looks across the bikers and the motorcycles.

She's been on a few in her life time, mostly with her uncle Stefan but none of these bikers look like they know anything about bikes.

"Are those people drinking each other's blood?" Hope's eye is caught on two vamps who are drinking from each other.

"Check out that guy. He's got something." Jace says pointing at the guy with the blue leather jacket.

"What? My will to live?" Hope asks. "No that's long gone but I bet you can't handle his charm." Jace says with a flirty smile which doesn't wanna make Hope wanna throw up for some reason.

"Be so fucking for real right now," Hope says with a laugh.

"Just go compliment him on his motorcycle." Jace says as Hope sighs before walking up to the vampire.

"Nice bike, loser," she kicks him between the legs before sending Jace a thumbs up.

"I did what you said, now hop on," she slams her boot into the vampire's face before climbing onto the bike.