On That Rainy Afternoon

A/N: YAYYY ITS BACK FINALLY! OK so I finally rewrote this fanfiction, and now I present to you the NEW AND IMPROVED VERSION!!! Enjoy!

Lovino trudged down the sidewalk, mud splattering around his feet. He kept mumbling under his breath. "Crap, crap, crap," he kicked a rock and shoved his hands in his pocket. The rock splashed into a nearby puddle, causing more water to splash on his now soaked pants. The angry Italian stopped in his tracks as soon as the water hit him. He froze, letting the rain trickle down his wet, moppy brown hair. He just stood there, expressionless for a moment. His eyes began to tear up. He cried, just standing there, out in the middle of the rain, no one else around.

Lovino covered his face with his hands and cried. He had had a terrible day. First, he got a low score on a test he had studied for every night, for four hours straight. Then he tripped and fell during Physical Education, and fell hard. He could still feel the bandage covering his elbow as it began to peel off from the wet rain. And now, he had forgotten it was going to rain, so he left his umbrella at home, in which he lived a few miles from his high school. His brother couldn't pick him up, since he was always hanging out with that stupid potato-eater (those two are inseparable). So Lovino had to walk home. In the rain. With no umbrella.

Lovino cried into his hands. He couldn't tell the difference between his tears and the rain. He fell onto his knees on the sidewalk. He didn't care whether his pants got muddy, they were already soaked. He cried for what felt like ages. He couldn't deal with it anymore. He wanted to be home, snuggled up on the couch in front of a warm fire.

Suddenly, the rain stopped. Lovino couldn't feel the rain pattering on his head. Instead, he heard the rain hitting against what sounded like a piece of cloth. It sounded like an umbrella. He looked up to see a young Spanish man, peering down at him with a worried expression across his face. "Lovino, are you alright...?" he asked, holding out his hand to help the crying boy up onto his feet. He nodded as he grabbed the Spaniard's hand, a light pink blush creeping along his cheeks. Once he finally stood up, he recognized the man immediately. It was Antonio, a senior at Lovino's school. He was in his Biology class. They were partners, and they would chat occasionally, even when the teacher was giving a lecture. Lovino always looked forward to seeing him every day. He enjoyed his company, and they always had fun together.

"Y-yeah, I'm alright," Lovino stared down at the floor, his cheeks burning with embarrassment. "Just, walking home from school, since my stupid brother couldn't pick me up." Antonio held the umbrella over Lovino's head, sheltering the Italian. "How far is your house from here?" he asked. "Well, it's a few miles from here," Lovino looked in the direction of where he was going. "But it's alright, I can get there on my own." He ran his fingers through his still soaked hair. "Are you sure? My house is just around the corner," Antonio said, putting his hand on Lovino's shoulder. "I don't want you to get sick." Lovino looked up at Antonio's face. The Spaniard's eyes were full of worry. "Besides, we could hang out together. We could watch movies, play games. It'll be like our guy's night!"

Lovino stared at the light brown haired boy. He just wanted to go home and get dried off and sleep. But he accepted Antonio's offer, just to be nice, even though he really didn't want to. The Spaniard smiled and they walked together under the umbrella to his house, which really was right around the corner.