They moved around the library together, picking out things and searching through whatever was in there. Sheik used the Sheikah Slate to move the magnetic hidden bookshelves, and Link would dart inside a few of them to search through whatever was behind them. He found what seemed to be like an excavation site. After he collected what was inside of there he stepped back out, glanced around, seeing Sheik having vanished.

He headed further into the library and spotted where the other had vanished to, what appeared to be a secret room, and made his way over toward it. Gancing around inside he noticing where Sheik was, and made his way toward the desk, looking around as stepped to his side. "What's this place?"

"It seems to be the King's study." He tells him, making Link nod. "This," he taps the book, "is the Journal of King Rhoam. Which I assume is the current King? Or was the current King? The cover page reads The Writings of Rhoam Bosphoramus Hyrule ." Link leaned closer, curious, and Sheik flipped a page in the book as he continued reading. "Today, as the sun rose and a new day was born, my daughter, too, joined this sweet world. In keeping with the traditions of the royal family, I have decided to name her... Zelda. I am not a man accustomed to frivolous musings, but now seems as good a time as any to begin my royal memorandum." He turned a page and Link blinked, listening to the relaxing sound of Sheik's voice as he read to him from the King's journal.

"Reports keep arriving regarding the excavation of relics. The fortune teller's predictions seem to be coming true. Calamity Ganon was not a figure of fable, or even a legend. He actually existed in our great land of Hyrule. We must investigate all the relics, learn as much as we can. But understanding the Divine Beasts alone will take time... Zelda's eyes lit up like a wildfire when I told her about the relics... I must admit, she has a knack for research."

"I met the ghost of the King once." Link tells him as Sheik turned the page. "He lamented over his failures as a father, he seemed to regret a lot how he treated Zelda."

"To be a King and to be a father are very difficult things to balance. Especially when a man has to raise his daughter alone." Sheik tapped his finger against the page of the book. "My queen has left this world. Her death was so sudden and unexpected, I awaken most nights unsure if she is really gone. Zelda never cried, never faltered. Not even during the royal funeral or later when she and I were alone with our grief. I must assume her strength is a result of us repeatedly informing her of her duty to be a valiant and steady princess. For a child of merely six years of age, her conduct was truly that of a born leader. Her strength gives me hope. From now on, I must raise her all alone... Now, only I remain to prepare her for her difficult future as princess of Hyrule." A flip of the page and both of them agreed to move on rather than comment on something like that. It was not their place to judge how one expresses grief, especially when he knows Sheik isn't much different.

"Zelda finally reported back after her visit to the fountain. It seems her sacred sealing power has still yet to awaken. It has been a year and three months since her mother passed. Perhaps she is held back by heartache too deep to heal. If the Ganon prophecy wasn't looming over our heads, I would tell her to take her time... To wait until she is ready. But our situation is dire and leaves no room for weakness—even on behalf of my beloved daughter. My heart breaks for Zelda, but I must act as a king, not a father. I must order her to train relentlessly at the fountain." Another page and he starts to feel regret over reading this. "I was told Zelda went off to research ancient technology, so I had no choice but to confront her about it. She claims she was simply using her day off from training to indulge in a bit of research, but still I scolded her. She won't get it through her head... Forcing me to tell her the same thing I have been repeating. The reason her sacred powers still won't awaken is because she's spending all her efforts playing at being a scholar."