𝟔𝟎 | 𝐀𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐂𝐚𝐩𝐚𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬

Почніть із самого початку

He dryly scoffs, with a soft grunt in response.

"You seem rather calm," Levi nudges my arm, sitting down at the edge of the hill that looked down upon Eren. He looks over my shoulder, while I briefly did my best to sketch out every result from every break we made. "Everything okay?"

Nodding I continued to sketch it out, not breaking eye contact.

"Yeah, it's just best take time for someone to heal, than to rush it and not succeed," shifting my eyes to meet his, my pencil pauses against the sketch paper. "Hanji is persistent, and I am too.......but I want my home to be restored properly."

He leans against my shoulder more comfortably, as I resume sketching out the rest getting the brief idea on the titan form seeing it disappear.

"We'll find a way, we'll test out if he can communicate and do simple lifting tasks too," Levi spoke up, turning to look down to see Mikasa aiding him anxiously. "Some titans seems to have the mindset to speak, which I assume Eren might be able. If so, we might be able to easily talk verbally."

"Hmm.......I doubt that," I deject his assumption. "I've been analysing his speech patterns, but it seems his mouth isn't structured to speak.......we can still give it a go to make sure though."

Sketching down the last few details, I place the pencil behind my ear with a deep exhale.

"Titans seems to carry new information, no matter how long we've been fighting them," thinking back on my first years as a Scout. "To be completely honest, this years has been the most we've discovered so far. If we keep this up, maybe our wish can finally come true."

"What wish would that be?" He questions, out of curiosity. I nudge his arm playfully, rolling my eyes.

"To finally gain back freedom, to be free from the titans wrath......" 

That wish was beyond our reach right now, but someday I want live my life til I know I did my part for this world. It was the whole entire purpose I found in this life, but then Levi came along and changed my perspective on everything. Sometimes I wondered if he chose me because I was easy to get, or because he had no other options. Then again, I maybe overthinking a little too much.

Ten minutes soon finally finishes, before Hanji began instructing Eren to transform and tell him a few things to do while in titan form. 

*

Turning to Eren at the top of the cliff, his titan form looks down upon me. Gesturing to my mouth, I began doing a few hand signs to communicate. We were trying to see if he's able to speak, like some titans we've passed by. Pointing to both the corners of my lips, I mouth a few words loudly.

"Can...you....speak....?" I simply space the words, just in case he could understand my mouth running with words messily. 

He lifts his finger to his mouth, while opening maws widening.

However only a few grunts or shifting sounds were made, but no clear words drifted from him. Predicted and assumed earlier, I decided to keep trying a little longer to check if he needs to warm up his vocal chords. I knew he could scream, but I guess his titan form wasn't meant to speak.

"Nothing?" Hanji asks, while I shook my head.

My azure eyes drift to meet her frustrated ones, "As I clearly assumed, his mouth isn't structured for speech," I repeat myself, folding my arms while Eren stood there calmly behind me. "Although he can still communicate, as you saw before.......by writing into the earth.....remember?"

It was only an hour ago he began doing that, as his hardening wouldn't come to pass with Hanji's experimenting.

"Yes, yes.......but I'm still not done," Hanji passes me the clipboard, and turns to Eren. "Guess we will need to try something, hmm........?"