𝟦. 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝓂𝒶𝓃𝓈𝒾𝑜𝓃

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄ ▀▄▀▄▀▄ ▀▄▀▄▀▄ ▀▄▀▄▀▄ ▀▄▀▄▀

Eventually you guys arrived at a dark looking mansion.

"I smell something. But it smells familiar.." Tanjiro said.

"You smell something? I dunno about that, but do you hear that sound?" Zenitsu said.

You all turned to see two kids, quivering with fear, their eyes were soulless, like they'd seen something so traumatizing to the human eye.

"K-kids?" Zenitsu said confused.

"Hey what are you kids doing here?" Tanjiro said calmly. You and Zenitsu watched him approach them. The kids stepped back scared.

"Wanna see something cool?" Tanjiro asked. Soon he pulled out the tiny sparrow.

"Ta-Da! Look a tiny sparrow! Isn't he cute?" Tanjiro said smiling. The kids relaxed a bit and then both fell to their knees still looking at the sparrow. Tanjiro then asked them some questions such as 'What happend?' 'Is this your home?' and all that stuff. You soon walked up to them too.

"N-no... th-this is a m-monsters h-h-house!" The boy said.

You immediately knew.

"Must be a demon..." You said,

"Our brother got taken away... we were just taking a walk... but he only took our brother and ran..." The boy added.

"And it went in that house, correct?" You asked. The boy nodded.

"Did you follow them here? Well done! Good job!" Tanjiro said. The kids were practically crying now.

"We.. followed the traces of his blood..b-because he got hurt" The boy said.

"Don't worry we 3 will defeat the bad guy and save your brother!" Tanjro said. How could this guy be so positive in this situation? You literally had a demon on your hands..

"R-really? You will! " The little girl said. You and Tanjiro nodded.

"Hey... Tanjiro.. what is this sound?" Zenitsu said. "The creepy sound never stops..is it a tsuzumi?" 

"Sound?" You said. Soon a bang sound came from afar, a tsuzumi drum sound. It then carried on and on. It got faster and faster until a body flew from the an opening. It fell to the ground with a splat leaving blood underneath it. The two kids screamed and you and Tanjiro ran towards the man.

"Are you alright?!?!" Tanjiro said.

"Stay with us?!?!" You said.

"S-still, even...though...I m-made it....out-side...a-am i...still going ... to die?" The man said. Within seconds Tanjiro hugged him and soon... the man was gone.

"Tanjiro...is that by any chance...the kids.." You said. But soon a huge sound emerged, like a roar mixed with the sound of the tsuzumi drum

The only thing you guys could do... was enter this horrifying place, to defeat the demon.

"Hey kids? Is this by any chance your brother?" You asked.

"N-no... our brother has a persimmon- colored kimono..." The boy said.

You relaxed. But this meant they had captured more than one person in that mansion, who knows how many people are stuck in there? How many there were didn't matter... you had to save them all in the end.

"Come on let's go guys" Tanjiro said. Zenitsu immediately started shaking his head terrified.

"Come on you coward!" You said.

"No one else can save them but us!" Tanjiro said. Zenitsu didn't move.

"Oh?, Really?" Tanjiro said.

"So that's how it it.." You said. You both started to walk. Zenitsu yelped and ran after you to.

"HEY DONT MAKE THAT FACE!! OKAY ILL GOOOO" Zentisu whined. Tanjiro put his box down next to the kids and asked to keep the box there, he said they would be protected if anything happens.

"Okay lets go" You said.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄ ▀▄▀▄▀▄ ▀▄▀▄▀▄ ▀▄▀▄▀▄ ▀▄▀▄▀

Word Count: 559