Chapter 3

*At the hospital*
"Where is he?! Where's Matthew?!" I was screaming, looking for the doctor.

"Ma'am calm down!" The doctor said, "are you Y/n?" He asked me.

I exhaled deeply, "Yes. Where's Matthew??"

"He's in there." The doctor said, pointing to the room, "but, ma'am, be careful. He's in critical condition."

"Oh..... Ok." I sadly said. Then i walked into the room. It was a horrible sight to see. There were cuts and bruises all over him.

My eyes started tearing up as i sat down on a chair, next to him. I held his hand, while tears started running down my face. I felt Matthew clench his hand a little.

"Matthew??" I said, surprised.

He groaned, "Y..... Y/n?" He said as if he was whispering.

"Oh my god, Matthew! Ok, i'm gonna call the doctor. DOCTOR!!!" I yelled.

"No, Y/n...."

I looked at him confused, "what do you mean? You don't want me to call the doctor?" I asked.

"Y/n..... I know i'm not gonna make it. But-"

I cut him off, "No, Matthew! Don't say that! You're gonna make it, i'll make sure of it."

"Y/n...."

"NO, Matthew!!"

"Y/n, you have to learn to let me go, before it's too late... Please babe... Please." I started crying more than i ever did.

"But.... I love you, Matthew. I'll never let you go. That's a promise." I said.

Matthew looked like he was getting weaker and pale. By that time, i knew he wouldn't make it. I kissed him, one last time.

"Babe.... I.... I love you, t.... Too...." His eyes began slowly closing, and i ran for the doctor. As the doctor and i ran back to the room, i looked at the monitor. His heart rate was slowing down. The doctor immediately called the nurses and other doctors, they started shoving me out the room, and the last thing i heard was.... The one, steady beep of the monitor.... A flatline.