Jack just shook his head, now he understood what was happening here. The death of the other Time Lord had now sparked these factions into action, they were all presenting their best representative to fill the vacancy.

"I guess politics never change." Jack sighed. "So why is there no plan in place for such an occasion?"

"I would assume because this has never happened before."

"Never?"

"Well Mr. Carr, a process is required, a test you could say. Not just anyone can climb to the status."

A bell rang three times as the remaining two Time Lords took their seats, the congregation below them stilled and fell silent. A loud rap of a gavel stilled the last few murmurs.

"We welcome all of the galactic delegates and thank you all for coming. We find ourselves in an unprecedented territory. With the sudden death of Time Lord Zantrill, We find ourselves with more questions than answers." Pausing, they scanned the room.

"Rest assured however, we will find the assassin and this tribunal will carry on." The Time Lord pounded the table in front of them for added emphasis and the delegates howled with delight.

Jack looked over the two remaining members of the tribunal, the Time Lord that had been talking, although they spoke in a higher voice, they were covered head to toe in gray metal plates. The other Time Lord was a bronze collared reptilian that had a silver breastplate and white leggings. Both Time Lords sat down and began to hear from the assorted delegates.

"So what happens now?"

"Now Mr. Carr, the galactic delegates will try to leverage a spot on the Tribunal. They will push their delegates as they jockey for the top spot."

The scene soon delved into chaos as the members resorted to shouting again and trying to persuade others of their candidates eligibility. Jack didn't know what to think, last week he didn't even know that this existed in the same universe as him. The arguing only intensified as Jack and Tempus stood close by.

"How long do you suppose it will take to get all of this sorted out?"

"Well Mr. Carr, I have no idea how long the investigation will take to conclude, but

I do know there will be a push to replace lord Zantrill and restore the timeline in your sector."

The gavel banged hard again as Time Lord Zandria spoke again, "Due to the tragic circumstances we have chosen to close these proceedings until the next cycle, this will also give us time to investigate the assassination as well. For all of the delegates lodging will be provided. When we meet again we will hear your choices to fill Zantrill's position. The candidates will then be tested by the laws of time and space. Thank you all and we will reconvene next cycle." The gavel rapped once more and the crowd dispersed.

Jack glanced over at Tempus as the crowd was thinning, "I'm not up to date on the vernacular here, how long is a cycle?"

"Well Mr. Carr, if you break it down into Earth time, I believe it comes out to one month."

"So I'm stuck here for a whole month?"

"I'm afraid it is against time law for anyone to be reinserted into a broken time stream, the results could be catastrophic."

"Well then, I guess you can show me to my room Tempus."

Tempus started walking and Jack followed. It wasn't until then that Jack realized just how tied he was. The events and the culture shock had him magnificently distracted. As he followed Tempus though, he could feel his energy wane and he was glad that he could rest for a while. Tempus led him down a corridor that ended in another oval connecting hallway, The oval was lined with doors and Tempus led Jack over to one and waved his hand in front of the panel and the door slid silently open.

"Here we are Mr. Carr, you can rest here." Tempus motioned inside.

"Call me Jack, there's no need for this mister business."

Alright Jack, there is something else that I need to tell you, with the recent events and having you extracted from your timeline, I think that it is best if you were to stay in your room until this whole thing can be sorted out. I think it would be safer if nothing else."

"So I just stew until the answers are all found?"

"I think that would be best, Jack."

"I also assume I have no choice in the matter?"

"Unfortunately, no." "You have to believe me Jack that I have your best interests in mind. I'm sure you understand how sensitive this situation is and how you could easily become a person of interest or a scapegoat."

"I get it Tempus, I'm too tired to argue anyway, I'll be in here if you need me."

"I appreciate your cooperation Jack. I'll be by after you sleep to check on you."

Jack nodded as he entered the room, the lights came on as he moved, and he soon took off his jacket and tie. The events of the day swirled in his head, but he pushed them aside and he laid down on the bed. Can't do anything about it now, better sleep Jack. With a hard exhale he settled in to sleep, and waited to get his answers another day