chapter 13 • cycle of pretending that their love ended the next day

Start from the beginning

leia's eyes lit up, signaling she had an idea.

"wait, isn't the dentist, like, 5 minutes away? jay, why don't we go pick up my grandma?" leia suggested.

"i know this isn't the sexiest thing i've ever said, but i'm pretty sure your grandpa can kick my ass." jay frowned.

"it would show him how responsible you are." leia ignored the comment.

"yeah, and while you're at it, you gotta let red know that you're tired of him judging ya. and still, to this day, making you feel unworthy, disrespected, and like you're not a good mom!" gwen's mother cried out.

"i feel like that wasn't all about us." jay whispered to his girlfriend.

cherry looked out the door.

gwen glanced between her and leia.

"cherry, how about you drive us? you're the only one of us who has a car, anyways." gwen suggested.

she hoped that spending more time would get the pair to forgive each-other.

"ew, no thank you." cherry glanced at jay.

"please?" gwen begged.

"ugh, whatever." cherry searched for her keys in her purse.

she made sure to order an uber for her chauffeur, so he could just leave the car.

"thanks, cherry!" leia smiled, in an attempt to be the bigger person.

"ew, don't thank me. i'm doing it for your grandma, because i love her, not for you." cherry scoffed.

«───── « ʚɞ » ─────»

jay gripped the steering wheel, looking up into the mirror to watch cherry.

cherry decided that she didn't want to drive, and let jay do it.

leia's grandmother was in an entire different world.

"give my regards to broadway, remember me to herald square! your turn!" kitty sang.

"something, something , something broadway! old people seem to like this song!" gwen sang along.

"don't encourage her!" leia begged.

"but this is fun! she's high as a kite, that's also on drugs!" gwen said.

cherry laughed, as did kitty.

"grandma, can you please chill out?" leia begged.

"boo!" kitty called out.

"don't be a bum." valentine glared.

"yeah, boo!" gwen agreed.

the trio of girls began to yell out boo.

leia rolled her eyes.

jay carefully focused on driver, continuing his occasional glances at cherry through the mirror.

"wait, we just passed a tattoo shop. stop!" gwen begged.

"forget it, gwen. my only job is to get her home safe, okay? i'm not stopping for anything." jay denied, immediately.

"can we stop for mcdonald's?" cherry questioned, staring out the window.

"red light!" leia yelled.

the car screeched to a stop.

kitty almost hit her head on the seat in front of her.