Chapter 2

'Please don't be in love with someone else
Please don't have somebody waiting on you'
    -Taylor Swift, Enchanted

Cassidy's POV

Over the next few days, Tatumn and I got close and became inseparable. She took me to her favorite restaurant in the city, she showed me around, and we hung out every day after practice.  

The time spent with her was light, fun and just stress-free. It almost felt as if we'd been friends for years. 

But I was everyone's favorite rookie to tease, which really sucked when I was getting hit with prank things that you'd find in the dollar store, getting snuck up on, having a whoopie cushion put under me at any given moment, getting fake poop put on my bag at the do park, and my personal favorite was 'all the rookies have to kiss Kayla.' 

'All the rookies have to kiss Kayla' is an ongoing thing Tatumn and Mal told me, every day, multiple times a day, at practice. I figured they'd drop it, or I'd find a way out of it. 

And Mal's really taken me under her wing, constantly helping me out, giving me tips, coaching me, and complimenting me. Honestly, it all feels right. This is where I'm supposed to be. As far as I am from my family, friends and boyfriend, I would be okay with this group. 

----------

Tatumn's POV

Don't tell Kayla, but the rookie's my favorite teammate. 

Also I wouldn't tell Ella, Amanda, Ava or Mal. 

I guess you can say Ella and I have a history, but we came out the other side best friends. 

But the constant teasing from my teammates that rings in my ear all the time, whether I'm with them or not, bothers me. 

"You know how it goes with rookies."  

"You know how rookies are." 

"It never ends well with a rookie." 

As much as I try to block it out, it comes back over and over again. It comes back when she smiles at me and my cheeks burn, it comes back when she hugs me and I get goosebumps, it happens when she makes a nice play and I cheer a little too loud. 

There's no denying my growing feelings for the rookie, but she's got a boyfriend, and a hot one at that. There's absolutely no way I can compare to that guy. 

And plus, it never ends well with a rookie. 

----------

Cassidy's POV

"What's up, Cassadilla?" Tatumn asked when I walked into practice the today. 

"Not much, Tater Tot." I put my stuff down and took out my cleats. 

"You've got something on your face there." She said, pointing to my cheek. 

"Oh." I reached to swipe at me cheek, but instead she knocked my hand away and kissed the spot she pointed to. 

She laughed, and I just stared at her. 

"Really?" I said, staring her dead in the eyes. 

"I thought it was funny. You know, you got something on your cheek! Look, it's a kiss!" 

"You've been funnier, Tater Tot." 

"I thought that was good." She said sadly. "I guess I'll go try it on Kayla." 

"Whatever you want. Just not Mal. She'll kick your ass for that one." 

I watched Tatumn happily skip off towards Kayla and point to her cheek.