eight

FIRESIDE — arctic monkeys.

THE sound of her heels tapping off the floor with every step she took sounded throughout the studio, as stylists and makeup artists buzzed around the crowded area, getting everything ready for the upcoming shoot.

a week had passed since the news of the magazine cover and anastasia had finally came to a conclusion that there was no way out of it, so she had to suck it up.

"hi anastasia, you can just sit down here — the makeup artist should get started soon." a woman sat her down on the chair, anastasia thanking her with a small nod of appreciation.

the makeup artist did in fact start soon after that, going for a very soft glam look for the shoot. she hadn't seen the outfits but guessed they were pretty simple due to the makeup.

"mason! how are you?!" her eyes widened at the sound of the door opening and closing, knowing who it was. it was as if every noise in the room quietened and his voice was the only thing there.

mason spotted her almost immediately, frowning when they sat him down at the vanity farthest away from her. truthfully, he hadn't stopped thinking about her since the magazine offer and his teammates hadn't heard the end of it.

ben had to swear to not tell anyone about his friend's obsession with her, but little did mason know the feeling was mutual. anastasia hadn't stopped messaging the group chat about how much she "needed" him in her life.

the hairstylist started on her hair, straightening it until it was pin straight. anastasia loved her hair like that because it framed her face nicely, and it was easy to style.

they let her then stand up and put her first outfit on, which consisted of jeans and a t-shirt.

she went into another room and put the clothes on, mentally preparing herself for what was going to come next. walking out of the room, she noticed that mason was already dressed and stood in front of the backdrop, ready to start.

"hi mason."

"good morning anastasiaaaa!" he grinned widely, quickly looking her up and down.

"you look good." she said shyly, moving in closer to him to hug him, feeling his arms wrap about her lower back. anastasia was glad he was taller than her so he couldn't see her expression, because the look on her face was priceless.

"you look gorgeous, as always."

"thank you."

stood a few feet away from him, she tried to suppress the grin that threatened to form, because she didn't want to give into his compliments. mason knew he had an effect on her, only making him like her even more then he already did.

meghan, the photographer adjusted the pair around a few times until she was content with the position, mason sat on a chair and anastasia stood behind it, both hands on the back.

they played around with a few things, props, outfits, settings.. deciding it was good enough after many alterations. anastasia and mason were allowed to look at the final shots before they left the studio, both agreeing that they liked them.

"you headed to ben's tonight?" opening the door for her, he asked the question, already knowing the answer. she shook her head yes and smiled.

"as always — also, don't forget to bring some vodka mason!" the brunette girl called out to mason as they parted ways in the car park, making him chuckle.

"you know i'd never forget vodka, ana." turning around to face her as he walked backwards, he pointed his finger at her and squinted his eyes.

"just making sure, mount. you know i can't live without vodka." sticking her tongue out at him, turning her body around when she reached her car.