Chapter - XVI [Pyaar Hai Yaa Sazaa]

Start from the beginning

"Anupamaaaaaaa"

Pushing everyone aside she came right in front of the cargo bed of the truck. Anupamaa was already short of breath, hearing Baa's thunderous roar, she almost fainted. Anuj held her and brought her out of the truck. He looked around, the damage had already been done. Every single eye was looking at them in confusion and astonishment.

Anuj's quality to think straight even in the worst situation was his most impressing trait. He gestured the people calmly to leave and give them privacy. Although he was calm but his face expressed his adamance. The whole country knew Anuj Kapadia. The way he lived could never reveal that this was the same guy who appeared in the newspapers everyday for all the good reasons.

They knew how respectable and powerful businessman he was and not some roadside romeo. All of them disintegrated immediately. But the "Mohalle wali aunties" whose whole life depended on gossip stuck their eyes and ears on the window of their houses.

Anupamaa took a sigh of relief looking at the people go away but that didn't last for long as the worst was yet to come.

Anuj patiently requested both Baa And Vanraj -

"Baa Ghar Chalke baat karte hain"

Baa came and grabbed Anupama's arms suddenly and started shouting -

"Jab tum logo ne muh kaala karne se pehle ek baar bhi nai socha to mai yaha baat karne se pehle kyu sochu. Teri himmat kaise hui Anupama mere khandan ki izzat uchalne ki. Apne pati aur bacchon ke baare me Ek baar bhi nai socha is paraye mard ke saath gulcharre udane se pehle. kaise kiya tune aisa....."

Vanraj came forward looking at her as if would kill her.

"Tum mujhe bewafa keh rahi thi naa ab khud kya kar rahi ho. Mai shuru se jaanta tha tum is aadmi ko pehle se chahti thi....Mujhse to kabhi pyaar hi nai kiya tumne isliye chutkara paana chahti thi naa."

Tears were flowing down her eyes constantly. She couldn't believe what she heard. She knew Baa didn't like her but hearing that abuse from her mouth and those words of Vanraj calling her disloyal towards their marriage broke her into million pieces. It was worse than being betrayed. Her soul knew how much she loved him and how devoted she was towards their marriage and all the relations that came with it.

Anuj stepped forward and stood between Vanraj and Anupamaa but the huge man didn't budge an inch. Anuj asked him to calm down -

"Vanraj tumhe poori baat pata nai hai. Tum shant ho jao mai sab batata hoo. Anu ki koi galti nai hai."

Vanraj got even more irritated seeing Anuj protecting Anupamaa.

"Haa haa Anu ki kaise galti hogi....Saari galti to meri hai jo maine use ye sab gandagi karne di. Uspe nazar nai rakhi....haina..."

Anuj pressed his fist tightly, he was trying too hard to control his anger.

Baa added fuel to the fire too -

"Tu hota kon hai uski waqalat karne wala. Kya lagta hai iska jo ye sab bol rha hai...Ye meri bahu hai mai ise kuch bhi kahoo tujhe kya."

Vanraj pointed his finger at Anupamaa -

"Anupamaa ye sab ashleel harkate karne se pehle soch to leti ki tum mere teen bacchon ki Maa ho...Zara bhi sharam nai aayi tumhe."

At this point Anuj lost all his control. Any man who respects a woman more than a Goddess won't be able to hear such disgraceful words against her. He didn't know what he was doing or saying now.