Chapter 8: Pharaoh's Grin

For two weeks in a row, Alex Auditore has gotten under the skin of The Miz following the events from last week as the A-List Champion was forced to witness his friend John Morrison getting punt kicked in the head and is sidelined for months with no clear timetable for a return.

For one of tonight's segments for Raw, The Miz and Dolph Ziggler will call out Alex and seek answers from the Venomous Pharaoh. As for the first match of the night, it's the Raw Tag Team Championship match as RK-Bro defends against the Judgment Day with Alexa and Rhea at ringside. The bell rang and the two men to start are Matt Riddle and Damian Priest as the two NXT alumni and former United States Champions locked up.

(Fast forward)

Riddle has created separation from Priest as he slowly crawls to his corner and hot tags the Legendary Viper as he executes his signature comeback sequence on Judgment Day's criminal juvenile Dominik Mysterio. As Orton went for the hanging DDT, Rhea pulled Dom down, but Alexa played equalizer as she takes out Rhea with a dropkick. Orton went to ringside and slams Dom on the announcer's table for the belly to back suplex. Then the Viper threw Dom back in and nails the young Mysterio with the vintage hanging DDT.

(End of match)

As Randy sets up and measures Dominik for an RKO, Priest prevented by ambushing the Viper, but the Original Bro took out the Archer of Infamy with a high knee. Dominik kicked Riddle from behind and looks to hit the 619, but after he launched from the ropes, Orton got back up and intercepts Dominik with an RKO from out of nowhere and goes for the pin to retain the tag titles for him and Riddle.

Alexa got in the ring to raise RK-Bro's arms as the three champions celebrate the win.

As for Alexa, she has a scheduled match against her former tag team partner, the crazed Nikki Cross.

(Time skip to Bliss vs. Cross)

Alexa didn't hold back as she unleashed flurries of punches on her former tag team partner, showing a bit of a dangerous side of her which she was taught by her venomous husband. Cross felt the pain, but was smiling and laughing as she enjoyed the pain throughout. Nikki did get some offense on, but the Goddess was all over.

(End of match)

Nikki attempted for the fisherman's suplex, but Alexa escaped and countered into a snap DDT. As RK-Bro cheers on from ringside, Alexa climbed to the top turnbuckle and finished Nikki off with the Twisted Bliss for the pinfall victory as she sends a message to Maryse for their match down the road.

(Time skip)

It was now time for the segment in which The Miz and Dolph Ziggler will call out Alex to seek reasoning regarding John Morrison and the related events from last week.

The A-List WWE Champion and the Showoff made their way to the ring while they were greeted by loud boos from the live crowd in the arena tonight. Both Miz and Ziggler grabbed mics while the WWE Champion raised his hand up demanding silence.

Miz: when my hand goes up, your mouths goes shut!

That led to more loud boos from the crowd which irritated Miz.

Miz: we are out here to provide updates regarding our friend John Morrison, who is still currently in the hospital still feeling dazed from that punt kick. Johnny told me that he is experiencing serious dizziness and that it hurts when he moves his head around too much. Now, the doctors told me that Johnny will be okay, but he still needs a lot of time to rest before he get back in the ring

Dolph: get well soon, Johnny!

Miz: which brings me to address the elephant in the room, and that is Alex Auditore. Alex, you are still lucky that it's not WrestleMania yet because you have used the AKO on Johnny, well let me remind you again, you are forbidden to use it in our match, and if you do, you will never get another title shot as long as I am still champion, which will be for a long long time. You said last week that you have other answers to beating me, well then, I dare you. And Alex, if you are hearing this, I have talked to Adam Pearce earlier and added a loophole to our match, if you dare AKO me before WrestleMania, then our match will be called off. Let's see if you can control that venomous rage you have. I dare you to come out here and face me

With the ultimatum at hand, The Miz has thrown a monkey wrench for WrestleMania, if the Pharaoh dares AKO Miz before the Showcase of the Immortals, the match is called off. Miz and Dolph waited for response from Alex as his entrance theme played, but there was no signs of the challenger.

However from behind, Alex slid in and ambushed Miz and Ziggler with steel chair shots to their backs from behind. The Pharaoh swung the chair on Dolph multiple times before turning his attention to Miz, who was leaning on the ropes. This was Alex's perfect opportunity to unleash an alternative finisher on the champion.

The Pharaoh smirked as he formed a gun with his fingers while the crowd instantly called back to his Bullet Club days in Japan. Alex accompanied the Bullet Club taunt as he shouted:

Alex: goodbye... and good night... BANG!

Then Alex launched from the ropes and nails Miz in the face with Kenny Omega's signature V-Trigger knee strike.

Miz rolled out of the ring to collect himself as he has fell victim to Alex's alternative finishing venom, the V-Trigger

Miz rolled out of the ring to collect himself as he has fell victim to Alex's alternative finishing venom, the V-Trigger. Then the Pharaoh turned his attention to a grounded Ziggler who was kneeling. The Pharaoh smirked as he positioned himself near the corner and looks to hit another punt kick.

But as Alex was about to execute it, the Pharaoh stopped in his tracks and looked over at the chair he used. An idea flew into his mind as broke off a piece of the chair's frame. He then held the Showoff down in the middle of the ring while Miz can only watch of what will transpire next.

Alex trapped Ziggler in the crossface position and wrapped the steel chair frame around his mouth in the Glasgow Grin, the move used by Orton's former tag team partner and WWE Hall of Famer Edge during his feud against the Bloodline on SmackDown.

Ziggler screamed in pain as he tapped out repeatedly while Alex pulled back tight on the Grin while he stares down at Miz who was shaking in his shoes.

Alex: look Miz! Look Miz! Look at his eyes Miz! I'm gonna knock your shiny teeth down your throat! I'm coming for you Miz!

Alex screamed in rage as he kept the Grin on while Ziggler tapped out before the Pharaoh let go and stood up as he stared down at Miz. He then pointed at the WrestleMania sign as the show ended.