I parked my car and got out. Mr. Johnson was repainting the door frame. He smiled when he saw me. "Afternoon, Grace."

"Afternoon to you too, Mr. Johnson." I smiled back at him. "Anything new?"

"Yes. Joanne's sorting them right now."

I excitedly went inside and greeted Ken by the counter before going into the stock room. Mrs. Johnson was opening up the boxes when I came in. She wiped away the sweat on her forehead and sighed in relief when she saw me. "Thank goodness. My favorite employee is here."

"Shh... Ken might here you." I whispered.

"Too late!" Ken shouted.

We giggled and I started helping her sorting the books. I placed them on the trolley and went out to put them in the shelves. I was humming a happy tune while I organize. Other people find this exhausting but not to me. I find it calming when I sort and organize things.

Taya would probably teased me right now if she heard me. I thought.

While I was organizing, I happened to see a book. An autobiography to be specific. It was the autobiography of James Ryder; Hollywood's Bad Boy actor. He was extremely handsome with his sandy blonde hair, emerald green eyes, pointed nose, high cheekbones, defined jawline and pink thin lips. Scratch that. He's beautiful.

"What you got there, Grace?" Ken asked while making a cup of coffee.

"Oh, just saw this autobiography of James Ryder." I replied.

"Isn't he like the bad boy in the old days?"

"Yes, he was." Mrs. Johnson answered; carrying a stack of books in her hands and placed them on the counter. "Men envied him and women were obsessed with him. That man is every girl's dream guy. I remembered the cinemas were packed and movie tickets sold out. Besides being handsome, he was a great and talented actor."

"And to this day, the movie industry looks up to him because of his bad boy image and fashion style. You can see it from movies and tv shows that the bad boys have that typical look." I added.

"Oh, wow. I never knew about that," Ken said; taking a sip of his coffee. "So, where is he now? Retired? Still in movies?"

"He died in 1955." Mr. Johnson interjected. "Alcohol poisoning. He was only 24 years old."

"Damn, that young? What happened to him?"

"Well, he was an alcoholic. People said he prefers whiskey over water. Always out partying and drinking away. Oh, there was even that incident in the movie set where he came drunk and initiated a fight with this other actor. I forgot his name though..."

"It was Luca Bianchi." I told them.

Mr. Johnson snapped his fingers. "Yeah, that's right!

Ken furrowed his eyebrows. "How did you know?"

I sheepishly smiled. "Well, I love watching old films. That's why I pretty much know the actors and actresses."

"Which reminds me." Mr. Johnson began. "We're closing early on Friday for the film festival. Are you guys coming?"

"I am!" I chirped. "They're showing I Love You So!"

Mrs. Johnson closed her eyes and sighed dreamily. "I love that movie. James Ryder looked so handsome in that film."

"Same line she said in our first date." Mr. Johnson whispered to us. "I took her out in a drive-in cinema. It felt like she forgot all about me and just stared at the screen like a lovesick puppy."

Mrs. Johnson playfully glared and smack his arm. "Stop your teasing. Now, how about we all get back to work."

"Yes, Ma'am." he winked at her. Ken cringed at the interaction while I grinned at them. It's sweet to see old married couples loving and flirting. It shows how much they truly love each other.

Time passed by fast and my shift was over. I got to sort and organize the books on shelves and Mrs. Johnson even gave me a few books as a reward. All the more reason why I love working there. They give me free books.

Ken and I said goodbye to the old couple. As we got outside, We were having small talk when a familiar voice called me. My mood dampened. Standing in front of the shop was Jackson. He was carrying a paper bag.

"Hey," he said.

"Uh... hey?..." I replied back.

"Your shift's over?"

"Yeah... you... went grocery shopping?" pointing at the bag.

He looked down at his bag. "Uh... yeah. Just some chips and soda. Me and the guys are playing video games at Ted's place. You remember Ted, right?"

"I remember Ted." I nodded. We stood there awkwardly waiting one of us to speak.

Oh, god! Please save me from this awkward agony.

My prayers were answered when Ken decided to speak up. "Who's this, Grace?"

"Ken, this is Jackson. Jackson, this is Ken." I introduced.

"Wait, Jackson? You're cheating douchebag ex-boyfriend? That Jackson?"

Ken goes to the other school in town. I told him everything that happened. I wanted to hear another point of view because at that time I felt it was my fault that Jackson cheated. He reassured me I did nothing wrong and he was at fault. Ken later then gave me hot chocolate to cheer me up.

Jackson's jaw tightened. "It isn't like that."

"Yeah, yeah. That's what all cheaters say." he rolled his eyes at him. "Well, got to go home. See yah, Grace. Bye asshole!"

I pursed my lips to contain my laughter. Jackson glared at him as he watch him walk away. His eyes turned to me. "You told him."

"He's my friend." I told him.

"Do you have to broadcast it to everyone? You don't need to share everything in your personal life."

I narrowed my eyes. "I didn't broadcast it. And like I said he's my friend and if I want to tell him something I can. Without needing any permission from you."

He closed his eyes and breathed out. "Look, I don't want to fight."

"Then, let's stop talking." I snapped. "It's getting late. I have to go home." I walked past him and got inside my car.

"Grace, I'm sorry. Please, let's talk about this!" I ignored him and started driving away; leaving him standing there.