Chase's anger

Chase left his mom's clinic and he knew exactly where he was going but he felt like he needed back up. Chase called his chief, "Chase what's going on?" the chief asked, "I need you to meet me at 345 Glenn St." Chase said, "why is everything okay?" the chief asked on his way there, "No sir and I am afraid I might do something stupid and you are there to essentially stop me" Chase said. "Okay Chase are you okay?" the chief asked concerned for his detective, "no" Chase said as he hung up and the chief could tell he was angry and this was not like him. The chief beat Chase to the house and he was glad as he saw Chase pull up in his cruiser, "fill me in Chase what is wrong?" the chief asked, "I don't know as of right this second but this is the last place I can think of that was different. Somehow Ace ingested some sort of amphetamine and he almost attacked me and my family he was very angry. Now he is trained for this sort of thing so he didn't do it voluntarily this is the last place I was" Chase said. "Okay first calm down, I need you to take a breath" the chief said, "I am so mad" Chase said, "I know I get that but you are not going to go to this house and jump down anyone's throats. Let me do it you wait her Chase" the chief said. "I need to know what happened" Chase said, "I know I will find out just stay here take a breath" the chief said as he walked up to the door and knocked.

Beth the larger woman answered, "what?" she said, "I am the chief of police and I have some questions for you about one of my detectives that was here earlier today" the chief said. "Yes I remember him he was rude by the way can I file a complaint, told us our friend died but seemed like he was more accusing us" Beth said. "I am not here about that he had a dog with him did you give him something?" the chief asked. "Did I give who what?" Beth asked confused the chief could tell she was high. "The dog did you give him anything while he was at your house?" the chief asked, "No I don't just feed random dogs" Beth said, the chief could see that the house was not very clean and he could tell the woman did drugs. "Thank you sorry to bother you" the chief said as he walked away. "You didn't do anything" Chase said, "I didn't need to Chase, I can tell she does meth. Her house is also very messy and I am assuming they cook meth in that house, I think Ace found something off the floor and ate it and this is how he ingested it" the chief said. "Again Ace would not do this he is trained not too" Chase said, "right but he was in the house correct, so he could of had traces of it on his fur. He licks himself he could have ingested it then as well" the chief said. "So these ladies do meth and we are just going to let them?" Chase said, "for now yes I have no proof Chase, and I will let narcotics deal with it, for right now it was accidental and there is nothing we can do. I do however think you should be checked as you are very aggressive as well" the chief said. "I am fine thank you, I need to go home" Chase said he was still upset but more that he didn't see this outcome.

Chase walked in the door and he could tell his family was concerned, "daddy is Ace okay?" Max asked. "He will be bud, he is with grandma right now" Chase said, Skye looked at him and could tell he was upset, "Max honey can you take your sisters upstairs" Skye said, "why do I have to I want to know if Ace is okay" Max whined, "Max, mommy needs to talk to daddy please go upstairs and take your sisters" Skye said. Max did as he was told and he locked the gate at the top so they couldn't get down but he stayed close by to listen. "Chase what was that?" Skye asked, "It was my fault Skye I am sorry, I put my families life in danger again" Chase said as he broke down. "Chase you didn't we are all fine, the girls will be fine. What happened with Ace?" Skye asked. "I honestly don't even know, we were on a call I was talking to someone's family and it turns out they do meth and well Ace must of had some on his fur and he licked it off" Chase said. "Oh jeez, is he okay?" Skye said, "yes but it could have been much worse, Skye I had no clue and normally Ace detects this stuff" Chase said. "He was acting funny when you left, I could tell something was bother him. Then all of a sudden his mood just changed, I thought one of the girls hurt him but I couldn't get close to him. The fact that he attacked you was scary I never expected that from him" Skye said. "It wasn't his fault and he didn't actually attack me, he was confused and it frustrated him so he went into defensive mode. He was reacting to the drug and I wish I checked I should have noticed the house more. I was distracted by thinking about Cassie and didn't even pay attention to my surroundings" Chase said. "Chase stop blaming yourself, you handled the situation and Ace is being treated and hopefully he will be fine" Skye said. "Yes, hopefully" Chase said. Skye hugged him she knew he was still blaming himself as she went to deal with the kids she could hear Leila crying.