VHS Tape (Gender Neutral Reader)

Start from the beginning

"Nothing. But anyway, are you free after work?" I asked, trying to ignore the guy behind the counter. The man whispered something in their ear before Y/N responded. "I'm not sure, I don't think I should invite strangers over. We can get to know each other another time, okay?" They replied. What did that clown say to them? Are they being held hostage? I didn't say anything else, leaving the gas station with tons of questions. Maybe I should wait for them at the gas pumps.

After waiting for hours, Y/N left the gas station, and that clown guy followed them. As they walked past the gas pumps, I walked up to Y/N. "Hi. I know you already said no to hanging out, but maybe you changed your mind?" I asked, hoping they would want to spend time together. "I'm sorry, I'm really tired and I don't want to have people over right now. Again, another time?" They replied, walking to the bus stop. The clown guy glared at me intensely, before following Y/N.

That guy... I don't like him. I think he's going to do something to Y/N. Why does he follow them around all the time? They seem to be trying to ignore him for some reason, why's that? I followed them both to the bus stop, getting on the bus after them. I stared at Y/N, still trying to process what was going on between them and the clown guy. I decided to check on Y/N by paying them a surprise visit. Maybe I can figure out what's going on between them and that guy...

Sunny Day Jack POV
I still can't understand why that creepy guy could see me. I didn't like how he was acting weird with Y/N. I don't know what his deal is, but I know he's up to no good. I don't want him anywhere near Y/N. I don't want him to do anything to them. I don't how I would live with myself if he hurt Y/N. Maybe I should just... Get rid of him. Y/N would be happier if I did, right?

My train of thought was interrupted by Y/N tapping my shoulder. "You okay? You've been acting weird all day..." Y/N asked, worried. "About that guy from earlier... Did he bother you in any way? How long has he been looking at you like that? He seems really suspicious." I asked in response. Y/N was fidgeting with their fingers. "Doe's been doing that for a while now. I never thought he would ever talk to me, so I never brought him up with you. I didn't think you should have to worry about him. I never even knew his name until now." They replied.

I placed my hand on their shoulder, and the other one on their cheek. "If he's not bothering you, than that's great. But I'm still suspicious of him. I just want what's best for you, Y/N. I don't want you to get hurt. You wouldn't want to get hurt, would you?" I asked, smiling at them. They shook their head. "No, no I wouldn't. But, maybe he's nice. Looks can be deceiving, you know." Y/N said. My throat closed up, before they hugged me.

"I know you care about me, but I want you to trust me with this. If he does hurt me, I'll tell you. I promise." They said, still hugging me. Maybe they're right. I have been a little bit overprotective of them lately... It's unhealthy for both them and me. "Alright, I trust you. Maybe I've been a bit harsh towards him, I'm sure he's fine!" I responded, smiling and hugging them tighter. Suddenly, we both heard a noise coming from the kitchen.

Y/N POV
We both went into the kitchen to investigate the strange noise, both of us freezing in fear at what we saw. It was... Doe?! How'd he get in here? And just as I thought he was a decent guy too! I was just as angry as I was scared, which was very, very much. "What are you doing in my house?!" I asked, stepping backwards towards Jack. Doe looked at me, a look of worry on his face.

"I didn't like how close that clown guy was to you... I thought he was going to hurt you. I came here to make sure you were safe!" He said, smiling at me. "Wait, YOU CAN SEE JACK TOO?!" I exclaimed, shocked. "Yes I can, I thought you couldn't since you didn't pay any attention to him." He replied. "I didn't pay attention to Jack because I thought only I could see him! If I talked to him, it would've looked like I was talking to myself!" I added. Doe had a look of realization on his face.