Chapter 1

"I was enchanted to meet you." 
   -Taylor Swift, Enchanted

----------

Preseason. 

I have to show up with a non-cocky confidence. That's the way it has to go. 

Chicago wasn't my first choice of a city to live in, but the team seemed like a great environment last season and I think it's going to be a good team. 

"And plus, I get to play soccer with Mallory Swanson, Alyssa Naeher, and Tierna Davidson, so I don't see how that could be so bad. 

Before I left for my first day, my boyfriend called me. 

"Good luck, babe. You're gonna absolutely kill it. I'm proud of you." He said. 

"Thanks." I said, pulling my hair up. 

Of course he's being nice now, after having a whole fight about me wanting to follow my dreams and entering the NWSL draft. I got drafted in the first round, 4th pick. High expectations. 

Sure I love Jacob, but he's so hot and cold. And it's really hard. Now that we're going to be apart for long periods of time, it's gonna be even worse. And for a few months, I've thought about ending it, but every time I see his beautiful blue eyes, I just can't bring myself to do it. 

But when I walked into the place where our first preseason meeting was being held and I saw HER, a lot of things changed. 

----------

Tatumn's POV

I stood at the front of the meeting room with Kayla Sharples, watching carefully as the rookies all walked in. 

Some came in looking nervous, others happy, but only one looked confident. 

She had a beautiful, friendly smile on her face, but the way she carried herself was something that almost everyone took notice of. 

Cassidy Zimmerman is her name. Her freckles were glowing in the light of the room, the dimples in her cheeks standing out, and her blonde hair tied back. 

She had on a pair of sunglasses, but if there was one thing I remembered from seeing pictures of her was that she most beautiful green eyes I've ever seen.

"Dude, no staring at the rookies, remember?" Ava Cook said, nudging me. I didn't even realize she had joined us. 

"Well it looks like rookie is staring back." Kayla whispered. 

"Oh please." I scoffed. "You know how it goes with rookies." 

"How's that?" 

"Never well." 

I watched the rookie take off her sunglasses, put them in her purse, and scan the room. 

Her eyes met mine, and I felt a spark. That sounds cheesy as shit, and I never knew that could really happen, but here we are. 

"She's totally staring at you." Said Kayla after turning around. 

"She's just trying to figure the place out." I said. Then I whipped around. "Doesn't mean shit, Kay." 

"Whatever you say, loser." Ava said, turning on her heel and leaving. 

"Is she still staring?" I asked. 

"You want me to turn around and look?" 

"Yeah." 

"Not doing that." 

"I hate you, Kayla." I sighed, and turned around. "Look. There's Tierna. Go talk to her." 

"Ooh fun! Bye loser." 

☆Complicated☆ {ON HOLD}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें